Ch. 9 Al...that boy is Ali

The two schools and Genie walked back to the palace. The teenagers went their separate ways as Genie watched Jay walk away with Adrielle. He wears a thoughtful expression as he remembers Jay defend the children from the merchant. He smiles feeling happy to see his God son alive and well. He informed the teachers that he's going to leave because he has something important to do. 

Genie walked through the halls and stands in front of Sultan Aladdin's office. He knocks on the door and hears Aladdin's voice telling him to come in. He opens the door and enters the room seeing Aladdin doing paperwork. He closed the door behind him as he walks towards the desk and stands in front of Aladdin.

" Al...." Genie looks at him in the eyes.

Aladdin stops writing as he looks up at his old friend.

" Yeah, Genie?" He blinks. 

Genie's expression softened. 

" Al...that boy is Ali" He honestly tells him. 

Aladdin's heart skipped a beat when he hears Genie telling him that the young man he met last night is his long-lost son.

" R-Really" He wanted to make sure.

Genie nods his head.

" Yeah, he is so much like you" He chuckles. " At the market, I took the kids to learn about Agrabah's famous market. I finished lecturing the kids when I turned seeing Ja-Ali confronting a merchant who was about to punish a child for stealing. What amused me is that when he finished talking with the merchant, he stole the merchant's wallet to buy his girlfriend a pretty dress" He chuckles. 

Aladdin's expression softened. 

" He's finally back home..." He whispers feeling happy to know that his long-lost son is alive and well. " If he's alive....that means Jafar is alive too" He looks at Genie in the eyes. " Genie, watch over my son and make sure that nothing bad happens to him. Also, if Jafar ever steps in Agrabah...let me know" He tells him.

Genie nods his head. 

" Of course" He tells him. 

" You are dismissed" Aladdin closed his eyes.

Genie turns around as he walks out of the room leaving Aladdin alone. Aladdin reopened his eyes as he stared at a portrait of himself holding a beautiful baby boy in his arms.

 Aladdin reopened his eyes as he stared at a portrait of himself holding a beautiful baby boy in his arms

" Ali..." Aladdin whispers as he tears up. " I...I am so sorry that I couldn't save you that day" He bites his lips feeling his heart break a little. " I...I promise you that I'll protect you and love you for the rest of your life" He smiles a little. " Ali...when we meet again, I shall tell you the truth" He grasps the portrait lightly as he wears a serious expression.