Will and Johnathan sat in the car in silence, they had shared a few words about the weather and what their classes were like, other than that it was just empty space between the two we Will started straight ahead at the long winding roads, the tall pines stretching to the sky either side of them stared down at him, making his skin itch. His shoulder had now reduced to a dull throb, barely even noticeable when there was no pressure placed upon it.
He hummed under his breath rockin' robin' as he had done in class earlier, no louder than his breath though, for he did not want to draw any more attention to himself. He did not do it for he was happy, he only did it as a distraction, an occupation.

The car pulled to a bumpy stop.

"We're here." Johnathan said, both boys stopped and looked at the Bungalow in front of them, it's peeling painted walls and dusty windows standing out in the grey daylight. It did not look as if it had been occupied by anyone for years, though the Byers had just moved in few weeks ago.

"We're... home." Johnathan said, getting out the car and walking towards the front door pulling keys out his pocket.

"Home." Will repeated. His voice was filled with uncertainty.

•••

Will sat at his desk, he wore a part of faded navy sweatpants and a long sleeved vest, the cuffs slightly frayed and baggy.
He was drawing a picture. A picture of nothing necessarily, just allowing his pencil to wander the blank sheet in front of him. Will hated blank paper, for it would bore him. So many opportunities that can be created on just a simple piece of paper, a new world that can be made. And if it were blank, no one had yet made that world. Some ones world was being unspoken.
Some ones thoughts being unhailed.

So Will filled the whole page with grey. The paper was smooth and sooty when he had finished, a paper of abyss. His pencil was down to just a blunt nub that made scratchy noises whenever coming in contact with the paper, the kind that made your cringe in disgust.
Looking at the paper a pensive expression took ahold of his face, his mind began to unintentionally creep back to the events of 5th period, Will did not know it but his lips began to tremble. He did not feel his hands begin to shake and his vision go blurry, he did not hear the shallow gasps escape his lips and ringing in his ears. Before he knew it he had ran to the bathroom, his feet barely making any sound on the floor, not to bring Johnathan to make aware of him.

He locked the bathroom door and peeled his vest off over his head sharply, ignoring the burst of pain he felt in his shoulder. He stood in front of the mirror, a place he loathed when in the bathroom. He had not thought to turn the light on so the only light that was available was the fading one from the sun. The blind cast shadows across his face and bare chest in thick black stripes. The mirrors dust glinted slightly in the cold light. He started back at his reflection. His shoulder was now oozing fresh blood, dripping down onto his heels as the toilet paper began to fall in mushy clumps onto the floor, creating splotches of blood, like mini explosions and bombs of red.

Will let out some thing near to a strangled sob, his voice strained too much to allow any emotion to run past.

He did not cry, for the tears would not fall. Any emotion he wished to release from him self would not be released. He could not release it, not through his own will. He wished to be able to scream and cry as loud as he could, to lash out. But he couldn't, for it wouldn't come.

Will Byers was too weak for that.

•••