Chapter 2

The sun shone above, though provided no warmth.  The trees were barren of their leaves, and the persistent ice of winter glazed the grass beneath them.  The two had gone to get coffee, since the weather was so unbearably harsh (in Tweek's eyes, at least).

 "I don't believe you've told me your name yet." 

Craig's voice broke the silence.  He looked up from swirling his coffee to flash Tweek a warm smile.  "What is it?  You name?"

"Tweek.. Tweak?" 

He said his last name as if it was a question, rather than a statement.  He hadn't really thought of a last name for himself, so 'Tweak' just slipped out.  As expected, Craig's happy expression changed to that of a confused one.

"So..  Your name is Tweek-Tweek?  Er... Alright, what's your last name..?"

Tweek scowled.  What a fucking idiot.

"Of course not!  My last name IS Tweak!  It's just spelled differently than my first name."

Craig took a long sip of his coffee.  Obviously, he didn't know how to respond to Tweek.  He was such a hothead, and he didn't want to say anything else that would upset him.  After another uncomfortable, long silence, Craig cleared his throat.

"Right, right.. I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to upset you."

His voice wavered as he made eye contact with Tweek.  His gaze was like the ice that surrounded them.  Cold, blazing, enchanting.  Something about it made Craig feel uncomfortable, yet, he couldn't break away.  It was like a trance.  Tweek smiled innocently.  He knew exactly what Craig was doing.  Making Craig fall for him are his intentions, after all.

"Mr. Tucker.. Are you alright?"

Tweek asked, his voice laced with fake concern.

"You started stumbling on your words!  And you look a little.. Well, for lack of a better word, queasy.  You're feeling okay, right?"

Tweek put the back of his hand against Craig's forehead.  Y'know, the type of thing your mom would do to see if you're too sick for school.  The warmth that came from Tweek's hand made him jump.  It confused him, too.  He was wearing no gloves, and honestly, his clothes weren't very thick.  Craig sighed and gave Tweek a crooked smile.  

"Thank you for your concern.. But, I'm fine, believe me.  Now.. Is there anything in specific you wanted to talk about?  I know you wanted to know more about the church, and I'll get to that, but are there any specific questions you have?"

Tweek's gaze shifted from Craig's, and back to the pavement.  "No." He said coldly.  Yes, he was supposed to be acting to appeal to Craig.  But there was no way he could act happy to hear Craig's 'distorted' views on history.  He was a demon, someone who thrived in Hell, and off of other's suffering.  How was he supposed to believe anything Christians said?

"Alright.. Well, you shouldn't feel nervous.  Everyone in the community are wonderful people!"

Craig chirped.  Tweek rolled his eyes.  How can someone this happy exist?  Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.  He thought, glancing back up at Craig through narrowed eyes.

"We have two different services every Sunday morning.  One of them is really early in the morning.. We call it the 'early bird' service!  Our second service starts at 11AM, ends at 12PM.  We haven't thought of a clever name for that one.. But, rest assured, I'm working on it."

Craig chuckled nervously, noticing the look the blonde was giving him.  It confused him, why he looked so upset.  But, he had just assumed it was because of the weather.  He knew Tweek hated the cold, so he continued.

"We have special events during Christmas and Easter.  I always have to help organize them, since a lot of the activities are for the kids.. Oh!  And right now, we're focusing on Jesus' birth.. Since, y'know, Christmas is a week away."

Craig seemed to become happy again.  He loved Christmas, and everything about it.  The atmosphere, the traditions, the meaning behind it all.  It just made him feel happy, and he felt happier that he'd have a 'good friend' to do everything with.  Tweek has restrain himself from saying anything.  Spend the next week listening to the same story of Christ?  No thanks.  Tweek forced a smile, looking up at the noirette with clenched fists.

"Sounds great.. I'm sure you enjoy all that.  You're great with the kids.  And.. Who.. Doesn't LOVE Christmas?"

Every word pained him to say.  It wasn't in his nature to praise Christmas, or to praise anything as a matter of fact.  His sole purpose was to cause chaos, to thrive off of other's suffering.  How was he supposed to act all goody-goody and excited like Craig was?

"I do!  Gosh, it's going to be so much fun.  You'll be joining us this weekend, right?"

Gosh?  He says that instead of God?  Jeez.  How fucking cringe-worthy.  

"Of course I'll be there!  Why wouldn't I be?  You're my friend, I'd want to support you.  Besides, I'm a member of the church!  I kinda have to be there."

Craig looked thrilled.  Tweek couldn't really figure out if he was Craig's only friend, or if he's just this overbearingly joyous with all his friends.

"Great!  I'm happy you're coming." He said, glancing around the town.  He had suggested another place for the two to go.  But, Tweek zoned out.  He realized what exactly he just agreed to.  In all his years, he'd never entered a church.  What would it be like?  Would it psychically hurt him?  The overbearing feeling of uneasiness had to be prevalent within the church, it just had to be.  And Tweek was not looking forward to it.  Hopefully this would be his only time going in though.  Maybe he could sway Craig before the next Sunday rolled around.

Tweek pinched the bridge of his nose, cursing at himself.

Fuck.

(( OKAY U HH this chapter is rlly short but lemme explain.  I wanted to get something out before monday bc I won't have time during the week to write.. since exams and all.  but uhhH the other chapters will be longer i swear.  also, stuff starts getting interesting around chapter 4 so ;)) get ready for that ))