1. The Meeting

"BETA club is for nerds." Serena told me.

I already know that. It's common knowledge that the guys in BETA were total dweebs. Guys. Because no girl is willing to risk her reputation and sign up. What can I say? It looks good on college applications and I'm getting into Harvard no matter what people tell me.

"I have to do it, papa. I need Harvard." I said told her, using the weird nickname I had for her.

"I don't see why it has to be Harvard. You're paying extra so you can act extra smart"

"That's not why! Harvard students pay extra for the better education. It's the best school in America"

"But you'd get in anyway. You have a 4.5 GPA and you're in eight different academic clubs. They'd be stupid not to let you in"

I looked around the cafeteria at the people in their conversations. "You don't get it, Serena. I have to get a scholarship to Harvard. My aunt can't pay for that. I'm doing BETA club and that's final. I've already been asked by three teachers."

"Ugh, fine. But if you come out and you're listening to techno instead of Billy Joel, I'm calling to the police"

"Sting or Stewart?"

As the bell rang I stood up and looked to her. We seemed to have a silent agreement before I started our usual belting of lyrics.

"What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing?"

"Can't you tell that your tie's too wide?"

"Maybe I should buy some old tab collars?"

"Welcome back to the age of jive"

"Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey?"

"You can't dress trashy till you spend a lot of money"

"Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound"

"Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me!!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP." Someone yelled from behind us. We just laughed and went to our first period classes.

• Time skip to after school brought to you my laziness•

I walk with Serena in the hallways.

"C'mon, uncle, don't goooo." She begged me.

"If I don't go then you can't copy my Health Science homework"

"No! Okay, okay, go then. Text me later" she said as she walked to her bus. "AND TELL ME IF YOU GET SOME NERD DICK"

I laughed as I walked into the Science class that was surprisingly full of laughter. Well, at least until I walked in.

The heads of nine boys turned to me so fast I'm surprised their necks didn't schnapp (Hehe) One paused his anime to ask "Are you lost...?" He had a sticker on his shirt that said 'Hello. My name is Jaeden' He was the only one with it. Weird.

"Y/N!!!! I almost thought you wouldn't show!" The art/BETA teacher, Mr.Hedrick, said.

"Wouldn't miss time with you, ya dweeb." I said as I poked him in the stomach. It wasn't a very known thing but Mr.Hedrick is like a best friend to me. He knows how weird I get but he doesn't act like I'm a total loser. He doesn't treat me like...like the BETA boys are treated.

I looked around at all the boys staring at me. They looked as if I didn't belong. How can I be looked down on by them?

Mr.Hedrick seemed to notice. Well guys, this is Y/N. Y/N this is Jaeden, Jack, Finn, Noah, Gaten, Caleb, Jeremy, Chosen, Nicholas, and there's--"

"I'm here!" A boy said as he ran in. "Sorry I'm late. I was playing Pokemon Go and there was a rare one in the girls bathroom....it didn't turn out so well...plus it smells like tuna in there. Girls are gross"

I laughed and he shot his dazed to me, not noticing I was there until then. He looked more shocked than judgemental, unlike the rest of the boys.

"That's Wyatt." Mr.Hedrick sighed. "AAANYWAY, since this is the first meeting we're just gonna chill and get to know each other better."

"But only one of us is new." A slightly older boy said. I'm assuming Nicholas.

"So you DON'T want a free day? Fine." Mr.Hedrick said, turning to the board. I went and sat in a chair that was a little further from the boys.

There was a collective "Damn it" from the group.

"Any ideas about the science fair?" He asked the lot of us.

"That's five months away! Who would have something planned?" Finn asked, sounding quite triggered.

"Well, if there's a good one I'll give you the free day back." There was a minute of silence. "No one?"

"I was thinking an analysis on the bilateral gynandromorph. Like what mutation causes them to have two genders. It would be easier to study with my essay about them possibly being an inspiration for transgender pride and equality for the gender confused population. My way of killing two birds with one stone, ya know?" I said, hoping that was enough for him.

The boys looked at me as if I spoke in another language. I couldn't tell if they didn't get what I said or if they expected me to be stupid. I saw Wyatt turn to Jaeden and smirk. Well, okay then.

"Hey, that's pretty good." He said, imitating Idubbbz. "I guess Y/N over here saved your nerdy littles asses. You have a free day but give me your opinion on my last drawing. I know geeks would be more interested in it"

He stuck a large art pad on the board showing an anthropomorphic avatar. "What do you think? Pretty sick right?"

The drawing was awesome but I couldn't actually compliment him. That's not our friendship.

"I think you have a thing for drawing furries, ya weirdo." I said causing everyone to laugh and then stop, realizing it was me who said it.

"And you binge watched DragonballZ for two days before doing the same with Naruto. Geek." He said, exposing me.

"They're awesome, you furry lover" I said before throwing a pencil at him. it wasn't sharpened. I'm not a monster....or am I?

"That's offensive to furries reading this, you weaboo" (lmao sowwy do your thing)
He said before throwing a crayon at me in retaliation.

"Fuck you, John."

"That's HiGhLy oFfEnSiVe" @ every Why Don't We Stan)

"Talk to these losers, not me............weaboo" Mr. Facedick told me, ending our conversation.

I'd been laughing from our conversation so it suddenly seemed hot in here. I took off my hoodie to show my AV tech shirt.

"Wait, they passed those out already?" Jack asked, surprising me.

"No, this is from last year." I replied.

Jeremy looked at me confused "but you're a freshman and there's no AV tech in middle school?" How'd he know my grade? Did I have classes with him and never notice? Yeah, almost all. I mentally face palmed as I remembered him.

Someone cleared their throat and I realized I zoned out. "Oh uhh if you went on the algebra one volunteer trip in eighth grade you got to sign up early. Or if you were in film club."

They seemed to doubt I was anything like them. Instead of the looks they gave me earlier it was as if they wanted to interrogate me now. I wouldn't get caught under pressure though. Let these dweebs do their worst. I'll show them what I got.