Chapter 2

The plane has landed and we're walking through the airport  and we've almost made it out when my mom says. "I have to use the restroom." And my sister and dad piggyback on that and go to. So I'm left alone to watch the stuff. Great. Ashton wasn't kidding it IS hot here. I take my sweater off and tie it sround my waist. I feel something large wrap around my stomach from behind. It scares me until I realize it's Luke's arms. "Welcome to Australia." Luke says. I laugh. "Hi Luke." I say. I look behind him and see the other boys approaching. They all give me a hug and when Ashton goes in for a hug, his phone rings. "Sorry Alice I'll be right back." He says with a smile and walks off. "So how do you like flying to another country?" Michael asks. "It's terribly long and I'm gonna be horribly jet lagged. How do you boys stand it?" I ask. "I guess we've gotten used to it." Luke says. 

Ashton comes back with an upset look on his face. "That was my mum. I've gotta get home. I really wish we could have visited a little bit." He says. "It's fine, Ashton you can come by the place we're staying tomorrow if you want." I say. His face lights up. "Cool, I'll see you tomorrow!" He says. As soon as Ashton leaves, Calum puts out his lower lip at me. "You didn't ask us to come over" He says while fake sniffling. I lightly shove his shoulder and his smiles again. "You guys should come over too." I say. "I've actually got some Christmas presents I need to give you." I say. Calum's expression immediately changes. "I've gotta go I forgot to do something." He says. Michael get's nervous look too. "Yeah and I was involved in that so I should go too." He says. They both leave. "They didn't get you gifts yet." Luke says. I smile. "I figured." I say. "Hey isn't that your bag?" He asks pointing to a bag at baggage claim. "Oh yeah, thanks." I say. I run up and get it. When I come back he's looking at his phone. He sighs. "Apparently they don't know what you would want either. So they want me to help." He says. "Aw, alright. Well, see you tomorrow?" I say. "Yeah of course! Bye Alice!" He says and then he's gone.

My family comes back and we get our bags and rent a car to drive over the next two weeks. We're staying in a rental house and once we have the keys all we have to do is find it. Ashton said he knew exactly where it was. Once we find the place, my parents let me take my bags in first and when I get to the door there's a note taped to it. It says. "To: Alice. Don't open until Christmas." I grab the note and walk inside. I bet one of the boys left it. 

After unpacking everything and setting the place up for Christmas, everyone's pretty tired, but the work isn't over yet. We still have to wrap a few presents and since tomorrow's the day before Christmas eve. It needs to get done as soon as possible. I'm staying in a room accross the hall from my parent's room, my sister is staying in a loft area, but my mother's having her stay with me on Christmas eve so she doesn't go up there and peek at everything before my parent's are up (despite my protesting). I am the only one not behind on wrapping presents. That's the one thing I didn't wait till the last minute for. 

My phone rings. It's Ashton. "Hello?" I say. "Hey, do you guys have any more unpacking to do?" He asks. "No, but there's some gifts that need wrapping." I say.

"Oh." I hear a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"Oh, I don't have anything to wrap."

"Oh okay!" I can hear the smile "You wanna come over?" He asks. 

"Sure, but I don't know where you live..." 

"You're like two blocks away I'll just walk over." 

"Alright just give me a few minutes to get ready."

"Okay I'll be over there in twenty minutes." He laughs.

"Okay, see you then!" 

"Yeah see ya soon!" 

And with that I jump up to get ready. I've never met any of Ashton's family member's before and I am super excited because he says such nice things about them. I change into a purple t- shirt, jean shorts, and white tennis shoes. I brush my "airplane hair" out and tie it in a ponytail. Good. I look presentable now. I run upstairs and to the door. "Where are you going?" My mom asks. "Oh I'm going over to Ashton's." I say.