Chapter Sixteen

Richie's POV:

I opened my eyes and immediately close them again from the light. I opened my eyes again and my eyes soon adjusted to the light and I looked out the window to see the sunrise. I grabbed my glasses and put them on, wanting to take them off. Eddie picked these glasses out for me, years ago. 

"Goodmorning, Richie! You woke up just in time!  Someones here for you" a nurse came in and said. At that moment I wished I stayed asleep. She moved out of the way a little and I saw a small boy I noticed from anywhere. Eddie. I looked at the ceiling since it hurt so bad to move my leg, leg muscles, my left arm, and my arm muscles. 

The door closed and I saw Eddie standing next to me and a tear fell from my face but I didn't bother to wipe it. "Richie.. I didn't mean what I said in that video.. I love it when you're immature.." he said. I used my legs and my right hand to sit up since my left arm was broken. I looked at the cast to see everyone's name written on it but Eddie's name written bigger. 

"Our month is over. Aren't you happy about that?" I asked. I didn't raise my voice mainly because I couldn't. "I didn't want the month to end! And that's what I was going to say at the end of the dance!"  he said. "You did have a broken ankle but you healed really quickly.." he said and I glared at him. 

"I only said those things because I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't in love with you but I am! I am, Richie!" He raised his voice and I knew he meant what he was saying. "Eddie.. Would it be crazy if I said I love you?" I asked and felt anxiety swim around in my stomach.

"Not at all.." he said and he stepped closer to me. He wiped the tear on my face and his face was soon right in front of mine. I closed the gap in between our lips and he kissed for a few seconds before he pulled away but kept his forehead on mine. "I know you did this for more than just what I did.. Why?" he asked. The one thing I thought I wouldn't be asked. I shrugged.

"Richie.. Please tell me.." he said and a tear fell down my face and he moved his head from mine and wiped the tear coming down my face. "I couldn't handle it.. I use my laughter to cover up everything. And everyone expects me to be that one that cant keep his mouth shut.." I said and another tear rolled down my face. "I felt like I had NO use at all in this world.. Like I was disconnected from this world.." I said and I looked at him.

"You mean everything to all of us.. I promise we can go through this storm together.. Eddie and Richie against the world" Eddie said.

I can't believe we are now more than just friends. After all this time I thought I wouldn't give in even if it as just a Bet.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this story and thank you to everyone who voted on all chapters! This story is almost to 600 views! If you're reading this later than maybe more! I may make another story using Finn Wolfhard or something. We'll see. Thanks for reading!