26. Phone

"No!" Jae got up. "No, I just want you to be happy ok, let's... let's sign this papefs, come!" Jae felt as if he's going to faint each second when he walked towards the head's office knocking.

Taeyong was walking behind him with his head down but he went in they sat down when the middle aged man placed the papers in front of them.

"So which child is it?" he asked.

"Yeon," said Taeyong blankly.

Jae clenched his fists trying to not to scream when Taeyong grabbed a pen and started to fill in the from his hand trembling.

"Phone number..." he muttered. "I'm so nervous I forgot my own number," he reached to his jeans looking for the phone taking his pockets out.

"Jae where's my phone, please call me," said Taeyong checking his jacket pockets.

Jae took his phone out and dialed his number but nothing rang in the room.

"Maybe in the caf," said Jae.

"Keep ringing I'll be right back," Taeyong jumped up.

Jae gave him the car key his skin filling with goose bumps, he was waiting pressing Taeyong's number again and again, but a few minutes later Taeyong came back, he was out of breath his face pale.

"I had lost my phone," he whispered. "I was sure I had its with me all the time."

Jae glanced at the head of the orphanage who avoided his gaze.

"Afe youf kids stealing things?" asked Jae sharply.

"Jae stop!" begged Taeyong.

"Let's check how honest youf futufe daughtef is," said Jae raising from the chair.

"Gentlemen, even if... they're kids, most come from very bad backgrounds they have some habits... we're working on it," the man began to stutter.

Taeyong's face became ghostly pale and Jae grabbed his arm he was afraid his boyfriend could collapse any second.

The man left the office leading them to a canteen where the children were eating making a huge mess, some workers were shouting at them.

Jae pressed Taeyong's number on his phone a moment later Taeyong's ringtone played in the corner of the room.

The girl Yeon jumped up all scared when the head walked straight to her telling her off. Taeyong grabbed Jae's arm tightly when two women yelled at the girl till she gave the phone back crying loud.

"I'm so sorry sir," said the man walking back to Taeyong with his phone. "This happens really rarely," he added.

"We'll be going," said Jae taking Taeyong's hand then leading him out of the building.

Taeyong was so pale Jae grabbed a water bottle from the backseat than gave it to him.

"Speak," he bagged but Taeyong shook his head.

He crawled into the car fastening the seatbelt then turned his face towards the window.

Jae started the car, they were driving in total silence leaving the city.

Taeyong hasn't said a thing the whole day, he was lying in bed in the hotel room refusing to eat anything and Jae was more than worried. He ordered a supper, he tried to feed Taeyong started to kiss his cheek and begged him to speak to him but Taeyong only covered his face with the blanket.

Jae laid down next to him with the a heavy heart he tried to hug Taeyong but the boy left the bed immediately. He dressed up then went somewhere while Jae was tossing and turning trying not to worry.

He called Taeil crying himself out to his best friend who calmed him down enough so he fell asleep.

He woke up early to find Taeyong in his pajamas curled up under a blanket on the other part of the bed. Jae couldn't stand it so he got up, took a long shower to relax then dressed up.

He sat on the bed next to Taeyong taking his hand as Taeyong was awake staring into the closed curtains.

"Taeyong please speak to me," begged Jae.

"My little Jae," Taeyong's voice was fait. "I'm so sorry I should have never... I've dragged you trough so much of pain for nothing and you nerve wanted. I should have listened to you our love is more than enough it's more than the whole world," Taeyong squeezed his hand tighter.

The skin on his face was so red the scar underneath his eye seemed deeper.

"Let's go back home," whispered Taeyong.

Jae felt his heartbeat speeding up, his gaze falling the list on the bedside table with only one facility name left.

They had stopped in that small town right next to the coast as Jae was pretty sure Taeyong will continue till the last try.

"Thefe's one left," Jae pointed at the list.

"No Jae, I'm done searching, there's no one for us out there, it will be just us, Taeyong and Jae, our family."

So the moment Jae had hoped for the moment he was looking upon to through all that journey came, it was finally here but why did it suddenly feel so wrong?

"Won't you fegfet not tfying?" asked Jae.

"No, I can't... it's enough," said Taeyong pulling the blanket into a tight hug.

 it's enough," said Taeyong pulling the blanket into a tight hug

Thank you for all your support, you are the best.

What do you think about Jaeyong's next bad experience, will they give it one more try or give in?

Much <3