Anybody have a map

Music has kept me going these fourteen years on this earth. I sometimes play in cafés, or just listen to it in my room. If I can confess, it's mostly musicals. They keep me sane.
I awoke in my room to find the house deafeningly silent. I hate the silence.
I put on my headphones and start one of my soundtracks, the dear Evan hansen one. I start humming along and singing eventually to 'does anybody have a map?'. I smile and twirl around, joyfully letting the music take control. I crept into the kitchen of the apartment to see another note from my foster mother. She's barely ever home. I sighed and started making breakfast before school. I started feeling a little down from that note. I don't get why, but I always feel down after my foster mother leaves. I should stop getting my hopes up. As soon as I finish, I pack up for school, and turn on my headphones.

School was torture. The only good thing about it is that it ends, and what happens when it does end. I go to a street corner after school ended with the guitar I had. My dad gave it to me before he left. I sit down on a bench and start tuning. I love showing music to the world.
I hum a few lines to myself, then I begin to play one of my favourite songs. It was 'For Forever' from dear Evan Hansen. I think it's established by far that I love that musical. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard all the songs. Just like at the apartment, I let the music take over. By the end of the song, people had crowded around and they were all clapping. I smiled and took a little bow.
A man with long brown hair and brown eyes stayed after the others left. "That was exceptional."
"Thanks, Mr.." I drawled it out, waiting for him to tell me.
"Mike. Call me Mike." He smiled putting out his hand for me to shake. "And you?"
"Sawyer.  Just Sawyer." I explained.
"Sawyer?" Her asked.
"It can go both ways." I explained.
Mike chuckled. "Sorry, I've never heard of any girl Sawyers before."
"I'm just the exception." I grinned. "So, you really like it?" I asked.
"Yeah. You've got some real talent here. Your parents teach you how to play?" Mike asked me.
I snorted. "My mom's never home. Literally. And I don't have a dad. I'm self taught." I could tell a look of pity was coming on, so I added something. "Impressed?"
Mike gave me a weaker grin. "Very. Do you always play here."
"Yeah, I always do. It's kinda my sweet spot. I sometimes get tips here." I grinned.
"Well, I've got to get going Sawyer, but I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked with a smile.
"Sure." I smiled. He gave me a little wave and left. I grinned and looked down at my guitar. This really was my sweet spot. I've made my first friend.