Death Note another note: AwfuL BitteR faLse

***before you start reading, I just want to say thank you for the time you've decided to waste. This piece of work is very complicated to do since it's a prequel to the Death Note series which means No LIGHT YAGAMI and NO SHINIGAMIs. This all happened during the LA BB MURDER CASES. ^^ if you want an in depth character description, leave a message and i will post it immediately. Now enough of me, ENJOY MY FANFIC! ****

awfuL BitteR faLse_a DN fanfic

DEATH NOTE ANOTHER NOTE: awfuL BitteR faLse

CHAPTER 1:

C L A N D E S T I N E

The charcoal roughly ran through the page of a worn out sketchbook while the hand of the artist, though young and gentle, was covered in dirt and callousness.

"Someone's coming." She said as she looked out the window without stopping her hands from sketching. There's nothing out there but snow and the moisture that filled the glass made it impossible to see outside. But still, she looked out there as if waiting for something...or someone.

"Who's coming?" said a middle-aged man who stood beside her looking out the window. She stared at the man

and then she showed him what she drew. A man holding the hand of a little boy, standing outside the establishment, snow falling on their heads. The middle-aged man was puzzled. The artist sighed and said "A new kid." She then stood up from her seat, carrying her sketchbook as if she's going to lose it.

"Where are you going?"

She raised her sketchbook and waved it as if to say goodbye.

"Anywhere but here Roger" As she disappeared through the dim-lighted hallway.

Present Day London

"On other news, The Bank Of England has been robbed out yet again by the infamous criminal, only known as THE INVADER, stealing millions of euro and jewelries yesterday night. The authorities are still...."

The morning news filled the entire room as pale white fingers carefully picked up a cherry on top of a strawberry ice-cream.

"It's him again." Said a busy looking man sitting adjacently from the guy who kept eating his icecream as if it's the only thing that matters.

"When are you planning to act on this? We've been waiting for weeks on surveillance and we still got nothing." Added the busy man who wears a black French coat, making him look more mysterious on the outside. It's only a matter of time before he gets pissed. If only the guy he's talking to does not have the title of being the world's top detective and the little respect he still has for his profession, he would've punch him in the face. But still, he controlled his rising temper and tried to have a decent conversation. He was waiting for him to respond but he didn't. He never once looked up at him as if he hears nothing, sees nothing and repels everything. A phone call breaks the silence. The busy man quickly dug into his coat, causing his badge, marked FBI to fall on the ground. He answered the phone and ignored his badge. "He wants to talk to you. It's the prime minister." He said while cupping his hands against his phone. "Which country?" the detective finally looked up. The FBI agent never thought he'd seen him do it. "This one." He answered back. The detective finally put down his spoon, stood up from his chair and took the phone carefully from the agent, holding it as if it's covered with germs.

"Is this L?" the voice from the other line sounded as if he cried for hours. But that's just probably the faulty signals or the phone's incapacity, either way he sounded unhappy. Who wouldn't be? He is the Bank of England's biggest investor. Half of his loot is probably on the hands of another thief like him. Except the Invader is way smarter and faster than he ever was. He stole that money from the government's fund for 3 years while the criminal got them all in just a minute and a half flat. Talk about bad luck. Or, no worst Karma.

"Yes." The detective answered back. This is the first time he had shown himself to another person and also, he didn't use a voice enhancer to fake his phone conversations. Hundreds of CIA and FBI agents are probably tapping this conversation right about now, but Watari can easily delete it all faster than you can say hack. "No worries." He thought.

The prime minister wanted his money back so much though he concealed this through words of concern for the public. He insisted that the culprit must be caught immediately and put to execution. L knew about this. He knew that if he manages to arrest the thief, he would've seemed to have sided with the prime minister and his band of political culprits. No good side. You don't need to be a genius to know that. But for him, crime is crime. What happens after and who benefits later is not of his concern right now.

L pressed the button after assuring that he will definitely catch the criminal as soon as possible. He sighed as he returned the small mobile phone to the owner. "What did he say?" the agent asked as he put his phone back inside his coat, noticing his badge that fell on the floor with his picture and ID that says Edymon Fratz laid open. He quickly snatched it, embarrassed, for his picture looked as if he's a constipated fly.

"The usual whine." said L as he returned to his seat, sitting in an odd crouching manner, picked up the last cherry he saved for last.

"So what now? We can't just sit here! We have to..."

"Wait." L interrupted . Edymon tried to put some sense on the detective but then he realized he already has it.

"We wait for the opportune moment." L said as he slipped the last piece of cherry down his throat."

XEnd Of Chapter OneX

Whew.... Next chapter C O N S P I R A C Y watch out for it! VOTE pls! or message me if you like my fanfic! Thanks for reading! ^