i'll never forget you

prompt: #1, "i'll never forget you."

"Steve!" you cried out, throwing your arms around him. Hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around your waist also, picking you up off the ground. A smile tugged at your lips as he set you back down. "I got in! I got in!"

"You did?" he exclaimed and you nodded. You squealed as he lifted you up again. You stood in the middle of the hallway, glares coming from every which way, but you didn't care; you had gotten into your dream school. "I'm so proud of you, babe!"

"I can't believe it!" you cupped his cheeks, "Steve, I got into Harvard. I'm going to law school and I'm going to be a lawyer and this is my absolute dream!"

"I never doubted you," he smashed his lips onto yours and you smiled. As you pulled away, though, you realized the smile had fallen from his face slightly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he shook his head, plastering another smile onto his face. "I'm so happy for you, Y/N. I knew you could get in."

Later that day, you had dinner at your house with Steve and your parents. The entire time, your parents gushed about your admission to Harvard and by the end of the dinner, your cheeks burned from smiling so wide. Something was off about Steve, but when you confronted him about it, he shrugged you off and said it was nothing. You and Steve never kept secrets, so you figured it wasn't anything to be worried about.

"When do you leave?" he asked as the two of you later sat on your bed. You laid on your stomach, holding your head in your hands as you studied the paper before you. Your eyes travelled down the page, Dear Miss Y/L/N, we are thrilled to announce ...

"August 25th."

"That's so soon, babe."

"Only a couple months."

"Two, months. I only get two more months with you."

Looking up, you realized the pain on his face. Steve, your boyfriend of nearly two years, was heartbroken and you didn't even know it. Sitting up, you grabbed his hands and squeezed them tightly in your lap. "Hey, it'll go by fast, yeah?"

"Y/N, you'll be gone for seven years."

"I bet it'll feel like a month."

"That's still a long time," you sighed and scooted over to him, wrapping your legs around his torso and sitting in his lap. A sad smile hung from the boy's lips as he looked down. You tilted his chin up to meet your eyes. "Y/N, I don't know how I'm going to survive for seven years."

"We'll make it work."

"Long distance relationship barely last a year, let alone six more," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"There's a first time for everything."

He shrugged and you placed a finger over his lips. "It'll be alright, okay? You'll work for your dad, I'll go to school, then everything will be back to normal and we'll live together and get married and have four kids."

"Four?"

"Unless you say otherwise?"

"Why not five?"

"Okay, five. I want twins, a boy and a girl. Our first child has to be a boy, too, because then he can look out for his younger siblings and be a good older brother," you explained and Steve laughed sadly. "Second child should be a girl, too—"

"You do realize that you can't really choose the gender?" Steve said and I shrugged, causing him to laugh. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I'll never forget you. You'll always be my first love."

"Shut up. It sounds like I'm dying."

"You might as well be."

"Steve!" you swatted his arm and he laughed, placing a kiss on your nose.

"I'm kidding," he said and you smiled down at him. "But I won't forget you. It's hard to forget a face like yours."

"Is that a compliment?"

"Of course," he pressed a kiss to your lips.