Prolouge

PROLOUGE

My eyes shot open at the sound of my stupid alarm clock. Do you want to ever ruin your favorite song? Set it as an alarm clock. My current favorite song was All of Me by John Legend. I slammed the snooze button down and threw the covers off.

I trudged to the bathroom and grudgingly opened the sink tap. After I was all refreshed and dressed, I walked downstairs to be greeted with a strange feeling. A feeling that someone is always following me, stalking me, waiting to get me alone to kill me… I had also been getting strange messages like Look out, liar and Sometimes all our dreams turn into nightmares. Sleep tight, Ava. I had no idea who the person was, so I blocked their number but more messages had come up. Of course, I never told my parents about any of that.

It’s all in your head, Ava. It’s all in your head, my father keeps telling me.

I heard a honk outside and I knew the bus was there. I slammed the door on my way out, to tell Dad – who was currently asleep – that I’ve gone to school.

School was pure torture. Math was mental abuse, Science was boring, English was excruciating, History BEYOND boring and Design Tech was horrible. So, in overall, a normal day for me. I had no friends… my best and only friend died a couple years ago from cancer. As I walked back home, that feeling that someone was watching me came back. I turned around and saw a figure sink in the bushes. My phone beeped. Another one of the strange messages. Never turn your back on an enemy, Ava. Especially when they’re right behind you.

Wait… What?!

I turned around to face a girl wearing black pants, black jacket with a hood, and her entire face except her eyes, which were cold and gray, was covered with her hood and a scarf. She raises her left arm holds  gun to my temple. By then I was sweating of nerves.

“What do you want from me?” I asked, my voice shook with fright.

“I want you dead” she replies in a sickly familiar voice.

Her sleeve rolls up a bit as she pulls the trigger, but before everything blacks out, I see a tattoo, the Deathly Hallows and the name Evelyn under it. Everything fades to black, my body shuts down, but my brain is still at work deciphering the Deathly Hallows and the name. Eventually, I stop thinking and let darkness take over.