Chapter 40 - The Pitiful Xiao Liu gets Roasted

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." This time, Liu Chong was truly stunned.

At last, Gu Hai understood what was happening. Liu Chong has something to say but was unable to since Bai Luo Yin kept preventing him to by every means possible.

Something must be going on between these two.

Bai Luo Yin's harsh instruction for Liu Chong leave caused him to be completely torn and listless. He turned around and punched his backpack a few times then hung his head low without uttering another word.

After restraining himself and calming down, Bai Luo Yin said, "It's okay now, just go back to the base. I will be discharged in two days."

Without speaking, Liu Chong quietly took out his clothes and daily necessities from his backpack. Then, he took a large stride to the side and deliberately showed Bai Luo Yin his intentions.

"Major, you don't need to say anything else. I have already requested time off, and since I am here, I have no intention of leaving either."

Shit! You devil!! Bai Luo Yin's head immediately plunged under the blanket without saying another word.

Thinking that Bai Luo Yin was still wavering, he took the opportunity to add a few words of politeness. "Major, no matter how good a person Gu Zong is, he is still a guest! I, on the other hand, am not an outsider. No matter how you order me around, isn't it more suitable? Right?"

Right, my ass! You bastard! Bai Luo Yin has already begun to think of his own tragic ending.

With that, Liu Chong walked toward Gu Hai and gratefully grasped his hand, "The past few days must have been hard on you."

Looking at him sternly, Gu Hai patted Liu Chong's shoulder and praised him, "You are really talented!"

"You flatter me," Liu Chong let out an embarrassed smile before his hand reach toward the doorknob, "Gu Zong, I'll walk you out."

Gu Hai actually walked out with Liu Chong.

Meanwhile, Bai Luo Yin thought that the end of the world has arrived.

"Let me ask you something," Gu Hai's footstep came to a halt.

Out of habit, Liu Chong stood in attention, "Please ask."

"How well does your Major treat you normally for you to insist on staying here to take care of him without any complaints or hesitations?"

Now that their conversation has finally reached this point, Liu Chong started to tear up again.

"A few days ago, we pitched camp in the desert for training. But because of my injuries, Major had an argument with the Wing Commander. The argument escalated and in the end, the Wing Commander punished him to climb two hundred trees. After he climbed all those trees, he nearly collapsed from the heat and exhaustion, yet even then, he came to my tent and hugged me to sleep to keep me warm. He said that my leg was injured so it was best not to catch a cold. Every night, he would hold me to sleep. If it was not for Major, I would have become disabled already."

A strong and deep sense of danger appeared in Gu Hai's eyes but unfortunately, Liu Chong was absolutely unaware of it.

"It seems you should really stay here," Gu Hai said, patting Liu Chong's shoulder.

Liu Chong cheerfully said, "Then, I'll only walk you to here. I have to hurry back to check on Major."

"Go!" Gu Hai lifted his hand and waved him off.

While Liu Chong joyfully ran back in, Gu Hai walked out of the hospital with a gloomy expression smeared across his face.

Bai Luo Yin waited desperately for Gu Hai to come back but in the end, when he lifted his head, he saw Liu Chong charge into the room in high spirits.

Addicted: Book Two - The Raging Flames of PassionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara