- one

"Hyorin ah, I need you to help me making cue cards for the hosts."

"Ah, sure, Siyeon unnie, I'm up for it."

"I'll email the script for you then you do it, okay? The blank cue cards are on my table."

"Uh- Unnie, when will you need these?"

"Today by 7 p.m. The show will air at 7.15 p.m. I'll wait at the studio."

Hyorin gasps. It's two hours away. There's no way she'd be done making cue cards for such a big show in such a short time, when she's only three days into the job.

Hyorin prints the script in a rush, cuts the paragraphs to fit the blank cue cards, and sticks them on.

"I literally have no idea how to do this. But I guess I'll learn by myself since nobody here actually cares to help me." Hyorin looks around her table, giving signals of clueless-ness.

Literally no one looks at her to help.

"How on earth did I agree to accept a job in a television industry?"

***

It's been two months since Hyorin's first day of work. Since she is working in a TV industry as the creative team, she needs to join in a program, whatever it is. Doesn't matter whether it is an annual TV program, or regular programs that air every day or every other day. She needs to join in one.

But for the past two months, she hasn't gotten into any program yet. She isn't sure how she feels about this.

Hyorin wakes up at 8 a.m., takes her shower, and puts on her basic make-up.

She goes downstairs from her room to meet her mom, who's preparing breakfast for her. Coffee with milk and some toast, her favorite.

On the TV is the credit title of her work's music program called EPIC. She sighs.

"That program literally starts at half seven in the morning. That's crazy."

As she prays not to be plotted in the music program, she finishes her breakfast, kisses her Mom, and goes out to the bus station.

She lives in the eastern side of the city while her office is all the way to the west. It takes a solid hour and a half to get to her office.

The television she's working in is actually the biggest TV channel in Korea called KTV. There's no way someone wouldn't recognize it.

For an hour and a half, it's one of her highlights of the day, to sit on the bus and listen to her favorite playlists. She listens to a lot of K-Pop, mainly Wanna One, as she's secretly watching another television channel despite where she works.

While calmly listening to her music, her boss sends her a chat.

'Hyorin ah, you'll be working as the new EPIC team.'

Her heart almost stopped beating. She knew this would come. It starts at the earliest hour she would imagine herself working on.

'Yes, unnie.'

Her mood goes down the hill and she might actually burst into tears. She wasn't into this program at all. The only thing that is exciting from that program is that one of the hosts is Kim Taehyung.

Yes, Kim Taehyung. One of BTS's member.

"This could only go well."

***