The Santa Story

The Santa Claus Story is as old as the beginning of time. When the World was created it was void of people.

Before them came the animals. But the animals needed someone to help them. It was for this reason that people were created.

Among the animals and the people were magical creatures. There were dinosaurs, centaurs, minetaurs, goblins, giants, thunderbirds, basilisks, phoenix, sphinx, pixies, fairies, cyclops, griffins, gargoyles, ogres, Zephyrs, and of course elves. But the greatest of all these creatures were the unicorns.

Unicorns were colorful and could grant mortal dreams. A unicorn was only visible to those that had a dream. The dreams were said to be the things that caused the unicorn to be magical.

Magical world also needed direction. It was decided that Father Time would control this part of creation. He was wise and could talk to all of the creatures in this part of the World. Besides he was magical himself. Who else could keep all of time running properly with 24 different time zones. Who else could see all of the magical creatures. Well the answer was Father Time on both accounts.

One day, on a Friday I believe, a meeting was called in the North pole. All magical creatures were invited. There had been infighting among some of them and it was time to clear the air.

Everyone came to the home of Father Time. He had a large estate up there and an amazingly large meeting room. However, the numbers of magical creatures had grown astronomically. You see there are no natural predictors of these creatures, due to their ability to become invisible, and also the fact that they have powers to control mortal minds.

Father Time still managed to get everyone under the same roof in his home. How did he do it? Well that was just magical.

He addressed the crowd with a hardy Ho! Ho! Ho! The crowd went wild as he spoke. All of the minutes of their last meeting were read aloud by the secretary of the home. She was known only as Mother Time. Before her title became official she had been a full time fairy. She was a lovely creature with beautiful flowing blue hair. It wasn't your run of the mill regular blue gaudy hair, no sir! It was your most beautiful knock your eyes out, fall madly in love hair, and that is what Father Time did.

As the meeting continued it was decided that a new position would be created. This position would be a creature with a gentle personality and full of attitude. He would watch all of the magical creatures and reward them according to how well they got along. He would also create a department whereby, the magical part of the World would converse with the mortals. This department would be a form of public relations where mortals would not only know the truth about the Magicals, but would also see that Magicals wanted to be friends. It would take a special individual that could offer friendship and the ability to grant wishes.

As this part of the meeting continued everyone agreed that the obvious choice for public relations official would be a unicorn. But who would this creature be. At first it was a thought that a girl would be the choice. Then it was suddenly decided that due to the permanence of the position a couple should be choosen.

Father Time would ultimately decide which two unicorns would be placed in this new position. The meeting broke up and each of the creatures headed toward their homes. Some were walking, other's running or galloping, and many flying.