"Really, where?"

" I don't see the smile I asked for." Tamia shook her head as they entered the small room Monica had given Tamia.

"It's here. See?" Showing her pearly white teeth, Tamia smiled just as he asked.

"Look at Princess Tamia, she's so beautiful and her smile is as bright as the sun. Thank you for smiling. Come on let's get you cleaned up at my place and in some fresh clothes first, yeah?" Nate quietly grabbed all of her belongings.

"Okay, daddy." The pair left soon after with Monica staring out of her bedroom window smirking.

After swinging back to his place and getting Tamia looking and feeling better, they were just a few stop lights to Ms. Lee's house. Nate looked Tamia sleeping in the back seat. She looked like she hadn't slept for days and that didn't sit well with him.

I gotta get here away from Monica for good. That's the only way my baby will be safe. Nate thought pulling into the driveway.

Cory sat on the porch with an older gentleman who looked just like him minus the salt and pepper beard. He laughed at whatever Cory said before he got up from his seat.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Nate." Cory said walking towards the car as Nate took Tamia out.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Cory. I see Katrina and Candice invited everyone over." Nate smoothed Tamia's bangs down while she slept.

"Yeah,  it's mainly my folks and a few people from church, who helped raise Candice and Trina. Oh, and before you go in there do not go inside the kitchen all of the women are in there gossiping and you WILL be brought up." Cory informed. "Let me get my nephews to come to get these bags while you put Tamia down." He added jogging to the house.

Entering the house the smell of sweet and savory scents filled Nathaniel's nostrils, his stomach rumble. He looked around the semi-crowded living room at the men holler at the television screen.

"Miles and Quincy, I need y'all to help me out really quick," Cory called out the two football built teenagers.

"Thanks, man. Tamia, where are you going? We gotta speak to the people out here before you go to the kitchen. Come on." Nate said stopping her from going into the kitchen.

"Daddy, they aren't even paying attention," Tamia said as a matter of fact.

Laughter roared coming from behind them, the women from the kitchen smirked and smiled in the direction of Nathaniel and Tamia.

"She told you." The eldest woman by the name of Helen said.

"I guess she did." Nate chuckled nervously.

"You must be Nate, Trina has told us so much about you and Tamia. I see why she can't get enough of the both of you."

"Aunt Helen." Katrina blushed. She wasn't shy when it came to expressing how she felt about Nate and Tamia. It was just that Nate was in her presence and that was doing something to her.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen can I have your attention for a brief moment?" Candice shut the television off gain negative comments from the men in her family.

"Come on Candy girl, we were watching the game. I bet Sarah would not treat us like this." The elderly man spoke.

Sarah was Candice's uppity cousin from Miami, who'd married a star Basketball player but couldn't cook for anything. One Thanksgiving she'd debuted her five-star mac and cheese that consisted of grape jelly and kraft noodles. It was safe to say that was the first and last Thanksgiving at Sarah's.