Hayden High 1989: Picture time Charlotte O' Donnell, 1989 (17 years old)

Today was the big basketball tournament and I was already prepped and changed in the school's basketball uniform shooting a few practice hoops by myself. Having such a superstar twin brother gave me the opportunity of being a better player. I out of all girls I was the first girl ever to play on a boys' basketball team. So, I kept shooting the ball each of them went straight into the basket. Unlike my brother I didn't want the scholarship, for me it didn't matter if you win or lose it's all about the fun and living the game. I challenged myself I positioned myself at a different angle and threw, landing it straight into the basket. I tried in all sorts of angles and directions, each of them straight into the net. Last try of practice; I tried doing it, trying to shoot a ball all the way from mid court. "Just try Charlotte, who knows right? Don't knock it till you try it!" I position myself properly bending my legs and springing letting the ball release from my hands and into the air, half way in the air the ball arched landing on the ground right under the net thumping loudly with the balls contact with the gym floor.

"I can be the only girl on the team, make every shot from any angle and direction. Yes, more than usual I can do it backwards. But, I cannot do a half court." I whined muttering under my breath. But, so close. I thought feeling another presence in the open arena.

"Hey, O'Donnell, save some for the game." I hear the familiar voice of my best guy friend David. Not only that he's actually the one that equalizes me in the group and always have our moments together and he always has my back in any type of situation.

"I'm just warming up!" I defended.

"Yeah but, if you warm up too much like always you'll run out of power and sprain something." he explained walking towards me. "

You haven't got anything have you?" he panicked checking me for anything. I chuckled at his protectiveness towards me

"I'm fine."

"Good now i saw you try throwing a basket at half court may I?" "Just follow my lead" he said while he wrapped his arms around me positioning my body properly for the open net "and release" the ball went up and arched straight into the net. Amazing. I turned around to face him "Thank You" "No problem" he responded looking into my eyes.

So caught up in the moment we were broken out of it by my brother Mike who entered the gym shirtless pulling in a full ball rack so he can practice. "Hey guys, my turn."

"Yup, and we'll leave you to it! Come on let's go!" I said before making us exit the gym entering the award hallway with David walking right next to me.

"Hey Charlie!" my brother called from the gym. I jogged back to the double doors to the gym peaking inside to catch my brother's eye. "Can you confirm with Ned that he has to be here on time for our group picture later?"

"Sure, no prob." I say turning around.

"He's in the computer lab." he pointed out. I turn my head to face him

"Like I didn't know that!" I whined before retuning back to David and we made our way to the lab in search of geek of a friend.

Jogging up the stairs making our was to the computer lab exposing Ned with the controller in his hand, eyes glued to the screen but, wearing a purple sorcerers/Merlin's robe and hat. Standing at the arch of the door with my arms crossed watching in amusement.

"Ned........." he didn't answer me, too distracted to the game. "Ned......Ned!" I finally caught his attention.

"What?!" he pauses his game turning to face both of us.

"We need you in the gym in a few minutes.... picture time." I explained. "

"Kay, just give me a few minutes after my battle with the hippogriff."

"Okay, just don't be late." I warned.

"Ya ya, I know!" he ignored me turning back to face the computer screen resumming the game.

"And Ned......" I interupted again.

"What!?" he asked annoyingly turning back to me.

"Don't forget to change outfits" I said pointing to his warlock attire before returning with David to the gym.

"Do you really think that he'll be there on time?" David questioned me.

"Beats me! My job was just to warn him and I did, now it's up to him to show up." He chuckled to what I said knowing that I was right.

"Hey, I'll race you to the gym."

We made it back to the sports hallway to meet our other teamates yet to be changed in their uniform. We already had our uniforms on since lunch. I on ther other hand just wore my navy blue tag top with my basketball shorts with my in my bag which was placed around my neck like a scarf and my black sneakers.

"Ha! I beated you for the first time!" he chanted happily rubbing it in my face because it was in fact the first time that he beated me.

"You only won because i'm saving my energy for tonight's game." I defended myself. "

Ya sure, excuses excuses." he said sarcasticly thinking that I'm not telling the truth." "

Hmph, we'll see about that on the court." He opened his mouth but nothing came I only heard the sound of coach Murphy's whistle caught our attenion calling everyone into the gymnasium for team photo.

"All right, jockstraps, let's gather up. Picture time. Try not to break the camera." I heard coach's voice echo throught the gym.

"We gotta hang on." David spoke up.

Dom turned around "Why?"

"Ned's not here yet." my brother explained. "Who cares? He's the water boy."

"That doesn't matter, because he's part of the team Dom!" my brother defended handing him the ball.

"Sorry I'm late! Sorry I'm late!" here came Ned barging through the double doors tripping on his Merlin's robe, in result of how short he was. "But what kind of Dungeon Master would I be if I left my party in the middle of a battle with a hippogriff?" he reasoned.

"Check it out, it's Merlin the Girlin." Dom joked making the whole team laugh. I hated when they did that, made fun of him because of his geekyness. Ned who was lost for words we stepped in to help him out.

"Um, Ned, Ned, look, We're your best friends, all right, and we'll always have your back. But there's only so much we can do when you show up in a dress." Mike tried explaining it to him as friendly as possible also helping him put on his tracksuit.

"Hey O'Donnell's, Carter. How about you three and Boy George join us for this picture?" Coach called us over.

"Yep" I answered putting on my top. "Yep" David repeated me while walking over to take our positions for the photo.

"Just one sec." we jogged over to the team taking a spot next to my brother kneeling with a basketball in my hands same with David who was placed on my right.

"Give the little guy the sign, please. Here we are. Nice, guys. Scoot up in back.

"Come on, you gotta look pretty for the ladies, right?" I cleared my throat letting everyone know that I was there. "Oh...... and the guys. Come on. Yeah. Let's do it. Three, two, one." "YAAAAH!" Click. Ned jumped for an unknown reason, so in our photo the main attraction was Ned jumping in terror with the poster in his hands. Look at the great team of 89. Well, that'll be announced ....tonight.

Hey Guys this is my first FanFiction on one of my favorite movies!

Tell me what you think!

Feel free to read my original book "Have A Little Faith" and to surf my profile page for others.

'Have A Little Faith'

And of course Comment, Like <3, Share ..... etc.