Chapter 1 : Afterwards

Cuphead's POV

We did it! We beat the Devil! Take our souls, will ya? Well, look who's being thrown an all-day celebration? Me! And my little brother, Mugman! As the festivities began, Elder Kettle found Mug and I, and hugged us tightly.
"I'm so proud of you boys!" He said, beaming with pride. "I was afraid you boys couldn't do it!"
"But we did it! We gave that Devil the ol' one-two!" I said, throwing fake punches. I laughed, turning to Mugman,"Right, Mug?"
But he didn't answer. In fact, he wasn't looking at us; he was looking at the road behind us. Elder Kettle and I looked at each other, confused. I chuckled nervously,"M-Mug?"
Suddenly, he was off! He was running away!
"Hey, Mug! Come back!" I shouted, chasing after him.
He just kept running. I kept calling for him, but he didn't look back. We were reaching Inkwell Isle 3, rushing past the houses when Mug shot a market stand as he ran past it. The leg supporting it broke and all the produce came tumbling down. I skidded to a halt, unable to get past the pile of fruit. I saw Mugman run past the train station, and towards a deep cave. I gasped, He's heading towards the Devil's Casino! I screamed at him,"MUG! Don't go in there! MUG!" He ran in anyways.

King Dice's POV

"We're ruined! Ruined, I say!" My boss, the Devil, cried out. Literally, he was crying.
I sighed, rolling my eyes,"Boss, pull yourself together. You have a reputation to uphold!"
"WHAT REPUTATION!? It's gone! All of it! After those porcelain-headed morons burned all our soul contracts, we have nothing left to live off of!"
"You still have mine," I reminded him, trying to put a bandage around his right arm.
He pulled away, sobbing more,"What's the point of it all!? Do I need a halo for you to love me, God!? Why must you make me suffer!?!?"
I pursed my lips, becoming agitated. This was ridiculous; how did I get stuck with a baby for a boss?
I put my hands on his cheeks and and stared at him dead in the eyes. He blushed a little.
"Boss," I said. "Calm. Down. You're making a fool of yourself. You are the Devil, owner of the Devil's Casino. Tell me, what do people do at a casino?"
He sniffed,"Gamble."
"What else?" I said, pouring him a glass of whisky.
He looked at me and took the glass,"Drink."
"And?"
"Smoke," he said as I passed him a lit cigar.
"And what do people-who have no life-like to do?" I asked him, sitting on the arm of his throne.
He blew a ring of smoke into the air. He smirked, catching my drift,"Gamble, drink, and smoke!"
"And there are a lot of people who have sad, miserable, and pointless lives, right?" I smirked back at him.
"So they're bound to find a place to do illegal things to forget their inevitable death!" He nearly jumped out of his chair.
I nodded,"They'll come back with pockets full of money and they'll pay you so they can do these 'illegal things' on your property."
The Devil laughed, victoriously,"KD! You're a genius!"
"I know."
He sat back down, and sighed. He still looked a little depressed. I smiled and stroked his arm soothingly,"Devy~! Want me to get the brush~?"
He smiled innocently,"Yes, please."
I sat on my knees, pulling out a brush and began to straighten his fur. He purred, lovingly. Cute... I thought.
Then, the Casino doors slammed open. The Devil growled, not looking to see who it was,"We're closed."
I stood up,"Um, Boss?"
"What?" He opened one eye. Then he sat up and glared at the visitor.

A familiar foe walked into the room.

(A/N)
AYE. Salty Gays. Just kidding. I wanted to write about a ship that I actually ship! (Sorry, Jelsa story, that's for a friend.) So yeah, I'll write the next chapter as soon as possible. ;)

11/26/17