Chapter 2: His Inner Turmoil

{Art found on Pinterest

{Art found on Pinterest.}

Leo stood on the balcony of his room in Hoshido palace, watching the bright town below him. "Maybe this union... isn't so bad after all..." he thought to himself. Despite previously hating the bright morning sun that streamed in his window, he had come to accept Hoshido as a glowing land of opportunity. He had even gone as far as to form a truce between him and the young prince of Hoshido, Takumi.

Leo breathed a small sigh before turning around to see Takumi right behind him, staring. "Gah-- Oh, it's just you. What are you staring a--!!" before Leo could make any moves, Takumi gave him a hard shove straight off the balcony. Leo stared up in horror at Takumi as he plummeted to his demise, hearing Takumi's final words to him in the process...

                                                  "Nohrian Scum." 

Leo lurched up in bed, gasping and panting as his heart raced. He quickly scanned the area, only to realize he was in the dark, cold and organized abode that was his room in Castle Krakenburg. "Ugh... Only a dream..." Leo mumbled as he sighed heavily, laying back down in his bed and covering his eyes with his hand. Truth be told, ever since he and the others had left Hoshido, he hadn't stopped having nightmares. Well, that isn't entirely true either. the nightmares had begun back when he had made peace with Takumi-- which didn't end up to be very peaceful at all. it seemed less like peace and more like slightly less malicious. The last day before Leo had left, Takumi hadn't even said goodbye... Or so he had thought. While they were riding through the forest though, Leo had rifled through his saddle bag, looking for one of the many tomatoes he had packed for the journey-- Only to find an arrow instead with a note attached. The note read the following:

"Dear Tomato-Breath, guess you can't reek of Tomatoes now hmm? have fun starving your way back to your scummy castle! P.S. goodbye I guess."

Despite being thoroughly pissed that his only road snacks were now absent,  he found himself chuckling for a moment as he read the end. There was no officially declared friendship between them, merely a truce with their kingdoms interests in mind far more than their own. However even still, Leo could see attempts of peace coming from Takumi, slowly but surely...

"LEEEEEEEOOOOOOO!!" just then Leo wafted back into reality, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes as the door burst open. "H-Hey!! Knock first!!" Leo covered his bare chest with the sheets of his bed, embarrassed to be seen in such a position.  Elise walked in grinning "You silly! it's just me! Morning Onii-Chan!" "Morning...." Leo grumbled as he sighed and grabbed his shirt, putting it on. Elise cocked her head. "Uh, hey something wrong Leo?" Leo ignored Elise's question, continuing to dress himself in his armor. Elise giggled a bit and tapped on his shoulder, causing the prince to turn around, looking at Elise. "Yes?" he questioned. "I already asked you! What's wrong Onii-Chan??" Leo twitched slightly thinking about his dream and quickly turned away. "n-nothing...." This only made Elise grin wider. "ooooooh! is someone in loooooovvvveeeee?" Leo practically screamed "ABSOLUTELY NOT THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE!!" Elise burst out laughing as Leo naturally blushed from his hasty denial. Quickly changing the subject, he cleared his throat "Ahem, Elise where's Xander?" "He's back in the war room, but guess what??" Leo sighed softly as Elise bounced on the bed in anticipation. "what is it?" he asked. "Corrin's Hoshidan family is coming here today! they'll be here any minute!!" Leo spun a full 180 to face Elise "WHAT?!!" "Yeah! isn't it exciting?!" She giggled. "NO!!" was Leo's response, as he ran out the door quickly to find Xander. running down the steps of his secluded tower room, he growled a bit, annoyed by only being told of this visit last minute! he hadn't had any time to prepare, and it pissed him off!