Part 34 [Maha-Update]

Beginne am Anfang

Soon they heard click as Khushi walked outside of washroom smiling at them and Ansh ran towards her “Mom I had my breakfast and now ready to go school” Khushi smiled as she ran her fingers in his hairs making them look more presentable, both father and son have same hairs. She walked with Aditya to where Arnav and Anya are sitting and started with a smile “But we have a surprise for you.” Anya’s eyes sparkled along with Ansh but unlike Anya who started jumping he stayed silent waiting for his parents to complete.

“No school for today! We are going to spent whole day together outside, roaming all our favorite places.” Arnav completed with a satisfied smile as he kissed his jumping daughter, pulling her back on his lap and pulled Khushi beside him kissing on her forehead. This is his world now, his small family but his everything.

When they shifted to New York  initially Khushi had difficulty in adjusting but he have always been on her side and soon she got habituate, she completed her studies here and now she is one of best fashion designer. When they got the good new of Khushi being pregnant they were happy as well nervous as they both had no experience and no elder was beside them to guide them. At that time Gupta’s were called and happy with the news and themselves understanding the need of having a elder beside them Bua ji (Madhumati) told she wants to come and take care of her titliya (butterfly).

When Khushi was in her seventh month her parents also came for arranging her god bharayi (a ritual for taking blessings for the child). Akash and Payal brought them here with them, Akash and Payal fled back but Garima and Shashi Gupta stayed till Ansh was born. In that time period Arnav arranged for better treatment of Shashi in New York only and he was able to stand on his own legs when Ansh turned 6 months old. Later Arnav and Khushi didn’t let them come back to India, showing how much they need their family, though hesitant initially but Gupta’s complied as they also didn’t want to leave their children alone and now with one more new life beside them.

Akash and Payal keeps visiting twice or thrice a year and one more relation Arnav have bonded to over these years is with NK. That irritating and stupid cousin of his in ASR’s language have been standing by his side as one of the strong pillars, helping him with everything, cheering and loving his family. At that time he have turned out as of the most mature person surprising even Arnav and he can’t be more grateful. So when after two years they got the news of Khushi’s pregnancy again this time Arnav was more nervous then before, not because of lack of experience or something because he really enjoyed Khushi’s mood swings and craving though sometimes it used to irritate him but because of the pain he saw Khushi going through at the time of giving birth to Ansh.

He have cried himself with Khushi inside the operation theatre and later have promised, Khushi will never get pregnant again if it means she have to go through this much pain shocking everyone but the crazy woman played with him stopping the dose of birth control. First Arnav have been angry at her but soon he got busy in taking care of her and now he can’t be more glad and thankfully to Khushi because ‘Anya’ is his life, he loves his daughter little too much. In fact Ansh is also very protective of her but don’t show it openly in his ego like his father, Ansh will soon turn 6 and Anya is 3 years old.

Anya follows her brother like lost puppy, though Ansh feels irritated with never tired mouth but secretly Arnav and Khushi both know that he loves that attention and adores his little sister. Sometimes they really reminds Arnav of himself and Anjali but he knows better to go those lines of thoughts. Present reality of their relation is mistrust and bitterness and he just don’t want to remember those memories. His children have never met his family except Payal and Akash and their 4 year old daughter and he is happy with that. He don’t want his children to know about the mess his family have created.

After roaming around High Line, Brooklyn bridge etc and having lunch at they were now enjoying their time on Time Square Arnav felt that hollow again. Though he don’t want to but his thoughts often takes him there, what if they were with family in Shantivan? How much Di and Mami would have pampered his kids and how Nani must be trying to give them good values. Khushi looked at Arnav from the excited faces of her children and understanding very well what he is thinking she leaned on his shoulder giving him her silent support as always.

She also miss them, however they were and whatever happened but they are family. She looks at the brightly light place, when Arnav have brought her here for the first time, she instantly fell in love with this place. Living in Manhattan is one of the most beautiful experience and this place is near to their place. So looking at her excitement and happiness for this brightly light place Arnav made it routine to bring her here every weekend in evening. They have made many beautiful and cherishing here but they both know there’s still some emptiness in their life especially in Arnav’s. She always pray for the day when Arnav will meet his family again without any misunderstandings and bitterness between, only then their small world will be complete.

To be continued……………….

p.s. So here is the insight of Arnav’s and Khushi’s life in last 7 years ;)
Want to know what’s happening in Shantivan?