Chapter One||A new beginning.

"I am not giving up,

I am starting over"

_______________________________________x_____________________________________

Feelings.They suck don't they?So cruel,so evil.They trick you into thinking that you are the most happiest person on earth and then all of a sudden everything is snatched away from you and the feelings of happiness and pleasure are replaced by anger and sorrow.I always beleived that I had this defence mechanism which helped me,feel the right things at the right time.Basically not get too emotional and excited for something that's temporary or unknown.I think I was just scared you know?Scared of being too happy and then something bad happens and everything is ruined.I was foolish!Feelings can't be tamed.

Let's begin my story with the feeling of fear,feeling of the unknown, something new,something strange.

I still remember those stares,those blank eyes,saying 'who is this Guy?'.An all too familiar feeling fled through me.The familiar feeling of unfamiliarity, the feeling of being a stranger to these people,being new to the white tiles,sea green walls,steel lockers of my apparent new high-school.I say familiar because this is the third time I am a new student.First,obviously kindergarten,everyone goes through that.Second,when we moved to London From Manchester which was the beginning of a new era of my life.Good Era or bad,I don't really know.But let's save that for later.Third and my current position,I had recently moved to Miami with my Mom,about a month ago.The education system over here was very different from England.I had to study one more year of high-school. Oh how glad I was.I walked straight towards locker #452 which was supposedly my locker now.My gaze fixed on my red Nike shoes.Yes I am a bit Vain.Hell I love those shoes and I can rant about them for like an hour but never-mind.I unlocked my locker and took out my books for the first period;English.My bag on my back,my gaze towards the floor but still careful not to bump into someone,I entered the battle-zone.Okay no,I entered my first class.But hey it did resemble one!Boys chasing around each other, jocks in one corner,nerds sitting on their desks reading and wincing every time someone made a noise.This is what happens when you have been in school for 11 years,you know what a person is.I don't want to be labelled,I don't want someone to look at me and go like, 'Jock!Nerd!SmartAss!Teacher's pet!'I never wanted that,because then that's what you all are.That's where it ends.

I had spotted an empty seat at the back of the class,to be as invisible as possible.Some of the students noticed me,whispered about me but I still managed to look pretty invisible.A 40 something woman entered the class.She was short,teeny bit overweight,round glasses,red head and a red dress with sunflowers on it.I hope you have an image by now.I picked up my bag and walked up to her. "Hello,miss my name is Dave Highmore -uh I am new." I offered her my hand accompanied by my best smile.She shook it lightly "Oh yes yes!I was informed about a new admission-wait...CLASS!I would like to introduce you to Dave H-Highmore?Yes.He just moved here from England and will be graduating from this school,hopefully so please make him feel like home." A smile plastered her face and an annoyed expression covered mine.All my ninja-ness was down the drain because everybody was staring at me right now.Calm your non-existent tits Dave.I don't know why but all of this reminded me of my first day in high-school especially in a different city.It was really scary.The 14 year old Dave was a wimp but 18 year old Dave is not.Nu uh! The old seat was already taken so I started hunting for another one.I did find it..next to a girl with dirty blonde hair.I walked towards her,placed my bag on the floor and sat down. "Hey,Dave from England." She said with a goofy smile on her face.She had grey eyes covered with makeup.A pretty face.An attractive figure.Good sense of dressing.Didn't take me long to figure out she was popular or at least one of them.But still I couldn't be 100% sure. "Hey,my new stranger partner whose name I didn't catch!" I waved my hand at her and offered her a polite smile. "That's because I didn't give it!" She winked and got back to whatever she was doing in her notebook.Okay then."Sara?Ashley?Kate?Katherine?Gemma?Anything?" I repeated the list of names on the tip of my tongue but none of them were correct. "Nope.And please don't force me to change my seat." Oh so now she was annoyed.Okay then fuck her and her name.But how can I fuck my curiosity?Maybe it's a spanish or an italian name,something like Auralia or Camilain...wait is that even a name?Forget it,let's concentrate on the sunflower covered short figure.I did that for the rest of the period and well tried to figure out what the girl sitting beside me was doing in that white pretty notebook.And after what felt like a decade,I finally heard the screeching sound of the bell.