The Kiss (rewritten)

It was one those days again. The bickering between Gwen and Blake could be heard from the neighbors house. Their relationship was basically a broken record at this point. No matter how many times they had the same conversation, things never seemed to work themselves out.

"I watched you kiss him right in front of my eyes. I leave for one season and I open the tv to this?!?" He understood Gwen's frustration. Completely. The amount of times he's had to explain to her why some not-so-innocent act between him and the younger man was in fact "innocent" was more than he could count on his fingers.

This one was a bit stickier.

It started like it always started, Adam and Blake throwing the usual banter with each other until someone made them stop. At one point Blake gave in, let Adam be right, resulting in Adam making a beeline for his chair.

He always knew and expected what was coming next. The brunette crawled into his lap and shoved his face into Blake's neck. Not before giving him the sweetest smile Blake's ever seen.

It was a smile out of the movies really. The smile people would practice all day in the mirrors to prefect. But not Adam. No, Adam had that natural charm. The one that kept Blake in. Even when every piece of him was telling him stay away. Every piece except his heart.

So it was more of a natural instinct really. To leave small kisses in Adams hair, or on his neck. Didn't really matter. What mattered was when he turned his face with closed eyes, he was met with an even softer surface. One that he knew right away was not Adams neck.

His eyes met with Adams when he opened them again. The look of shock was hidden on the younger mans face, but there. And just like that, he was smirking. Standing up, saying something out loud, keeping the audience going as their cheers rang in Blake's ear. He made a dumb comment, no doubt. But all Blake could hear was the sound of Gwen's nagging. 'Oh god' he thought.

Oh well. Nothing he could do about it now. It was on tv. That's it. He can't talk to producers and ask them not to air it, it would look too suspicious. Besides, there was a audience after all. Word was gonna get out eventually. What he needed was to talk to Adam.

Mark, one of the people in charge of him and the other coaches gave him the signal they were about to start. He waved a finger at him letting him know he needed to go backstage with Adam for a minute. He grabbed Adam by the elbow and lead him backstage, ignoring the cheers from the crowd and the unpleasant look from Mark.

To make matters worse as they were about to walk out of view, Adam sticks his head back out and yells, "Don't worry we're not gonna fuck." Because of course he did. Gwens definitely not gonna be pleased with that either.

"Hey that was sudden, I'm sorry I really didn't mean to I was trying to do what I always did and it turned out bad. Not kissing you was bad. I'm not saying your a bad kisser, I mean the kiss was barely long enough to determine. It wasn't really a kiss anyway it was more a peck-" he was rambling. Or at least he was, till that same feeling as before was back on his lips. Adam was kissing him. Purposely kissing him. Oh fuck.

When they parted Adam looked up at him with a look that made Blake's knees go weak. "I guess I'll let it slide". With that he walked away.