Chapter 10- "The Kiss, and War"

Start from the beginning

The clinic was already too full.

Diana and her group of nurses made their way to those in critical need to try to mend their wounds and have them back on their feet by sundown.

That's when the High rise pack warriors always attacked.

At sundown we start fighting, non stop, warrior after warrior, dead body after dead body, then, at the break of day, they retreat and come back at sundown.

The minute Diana's team was out the doors, the kitchen ladies rushed out with buckets of water and food. They always fed the wounded first, and those recovering second, then those of us still standing, we would help out as much as we could.

None of us hardly got any sleep, since the night Adelina was kidnapped, this has been our routine.

Yet through all the battle, and the gruesome sight, that night is all that continuously replayed in my mind.

*Flashback*

I was sitting at the table, waiting for my mate to come back, so I could tease her some more when Cilia came running frantically as she fought to catch her breath.

"A-a-d-ina- eh- eh- sh- she- ki-d-ki-ki-kidamapped!" Exclaimed Cilia as she tried to breathe.
"What?! Cilia, breathe." I ordered.

She took a deep breath, and exhaled "Adeli na has been kidnapped!"
"'Wha-"
"Alpha! Alpha! The pack is under attack! The pack is under attack!" Said one the warriors as he barreled through the buffet towards our table.

My heart stopped.

My Luna has been kidnapped, and now my pack is under attack.

It felt as though everythujng was suddenly falling apart.

"Alpha, what do we do?" Questioned another warrior.

I took a deep breath, and shook off my worry.

"Okay, James, Kade, round up the warriors, and surround the pack at our boundaries. Cilia, recruit Diana, and round up the women and children inside the castle. There, give every woman a group and position. Have the newly added warriors be at the ready for back up and reinforcement. Me? I have a Luna to save." Everyone agreed, and I turned to leave when Cilia said "wait, you can't go after them, if you do, they will kill her."
"You know I'm not afraid of a measly threat." I said, and turned to leave, when Kat came out with a sly smirk and said "actually, you should listen to the pregnant bitch, or your dear mate, dies."

Next to me, I heard something clatter to the floor, and there, I turned and saw James, frozen, with eyes and mouth wide open.

James opened his mouth to say something, but Cilia beat him to it when she said "I thought you followed Clarissa out like a lost puppy?"
"And give you the opportunity to snitch on us? No way." Said Kat with a smile, then she turned to James and pouted in a mocking way as she said "aww, is poor Jamie heartbroken? Too bad mutt. I never really liked dogs." She smirked, and James eyes became so dark.

In a flash I remember, he jumped over the table and his hand was suddenly clasped very firmly around her throat. But she didn't look shaken up, In fact she looked calm. Too calm.

"Its a distraction." Mutteted Cilia. "Guys she was sent after me as a distraction! Clarissa's probably gone with Adelina now!" Declared Cilia.

I went to run through the back, when I heard James mutter so darlky "guess her coming back here wasn't in vain." Then I heard what sounded like someone struggling to breathe.

"James. Don't." I said turning around, "Adelina wouldn't want you to kill her. No matter what she has done. We'll deal with her accordingly. Let it go."

It took a second, but he finally let go.

Kat, her dumbass took a deep breath, then taunted James again as she said "oh that's right. It's always about what  Adelina wants. What Adelina would want. You guys worship her. Just like my parents did. But, karma is a bitch. And Adelina is going to get just what she deserves."

No one could've anticipated, or prevent what took place next.

In a matter of seconds, James took a beer  bottle, bit the neck off, and drove it into Kat's chest.

Then with one last look at me, he fled the scene, but his eyes, so dark, so angry, confused, and just lost.

No one seemed in a hurry to aid Kat, in fact she bled out, till she was lifeless.

I made a move to go to the back of the restaurant, but then Diane came crashing through the room covered in blood, as she announced breathless "pack- attack- womenchildren- slaughter!" And everything went blank.

Kade, the two messengers from earlier and I transformed into our wolves, and took the shortcut through the forest, by the time we got back to the pack, it was already a full battle ground.

And James... well James was ruthless.

Soon we go the upper hand on the opposing team, but as soon as dawn broke onto the horizon, they retreated.

We thought they gave up, but once they came back, and with reinforcement as soon as the sun set,  we knew that wasn't the case."

*End of flashback*

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Sooo, here is the update!

Aaaand, the cliffhangers begin again!

Too soon?

Let me know.

Anyways! Dave kissed Adelina. What do you think is going to happen next? Do you think she's going too slap him? And whaaat? James killed Kat! Like woah! Did you expect that?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.