Chapter 4

TWO WEEKS LATER~

Teaching had been going great, because of this I even got a new client for my horse training. I young boy, Ben wants to learn all about horses, told his mom about me and she talked to me last week and got him signed up. The kids are all great and I am so glade I became a teacher, they are so funny and each one has such a different personality. I loved teaching these kids, because they always brought a smile to my face no matter what. They always knew how to make my day in some way. I found my self going home and replaying what happened in class and smiling over something one of the kids said or did.

I was also very disappointed that I haven't seen Nathan sense he came to my house returning my drivers license. I couldn't keep him out of my head, Sophia was such an amazing little girl and to be honest I couldn't believe how smart she was. She had such good manners and usually knew more than most if the kids did. When she didn't know something or we were learning something new she was a fast learner and took her time to get things right. This made me admire Nathan even more, it must be hard working plus taking care of Sophia. Maybe that's where Linda came in, maybe she was the one that took care of her while Nathan worked.

Today we were going on a field trip, I was taking them to the Denver Zoo. I had 1 dad coming and 4 moms plus me. Linda was one of the 'moms' coming. I had actually started talking to Linda quite a bit, mainly about Sophia and how she was doing in class but sometimes Linda would say something about Nathan.

We would leave right after all the students and parents got here, luckily we were able to fit all the kids in the parents cars so it would save us money. This was cheaper than getting a bus to drive us. I only had my truck so it wasn't very particle for me to drive so I was tagging along with Linda, Sophia, Molly, Carmen and Jose.

"Ms. Bull!" I heard Sophia excitedly shout. I turned around and saw a little Sophia running towards me.

"Your a little excited aren't you" I said laughing as I gave her a hug. She nodded her head and then got a big huge smile on her face.

"Guess what!" she said jumping around.

"Let's see... you can't wait to hold the spider?" I guessed knowing full well she didn't want to.

"Gross!! no! my daddy is coming" she said. I was shocked to hear this and looked up above her head to see Nathan standing several feet behind her.

"I'm glade you could make it" I told him walking towards him.

"Linda wasn't able to make it..some emergence." He told me.

"So will you be driving us?" I asked him making sure we still had room for everyone.

"Ya, Linda lent me her car" he told me. I nodded my head before addressing everyone. I told them we would leave in a few minutes, I made sure everyone who was planing on coming was there before we made it out to the cars. Everyone had the directions and we would all hopefully meet there about the same time. I made sure all the parents that were driving knew the plan before hopping into Linda's car that Nathan was driving.

"Are you kids excited?" I asked turning in my seat to look at the kids.

"Yes!" They all shouted before playing with each other.

"What about you Mr. Bush?" I asked, I knew if I wasn't the one to start a conversation then we would be silent the whole way. And I wasnt looking forward to being silent for close to two hours.

Shrugging his shoulders he took his eyes off the road to look at me for a few seconds before looking back to the road.

"I guess I'm looking forward to it..anything that brings Sophia such excitement, makes it a little hard not to look forward to what ever it is." He told me. He continued to surprise me, he was this big muscular man. Everything about him screamed man, but yet when it came to his daughter he was different. You could tell by one look he gives Sophia that he would do anything for her. She had him wrapped around her tiny little finger and she didn't even know it.