vii | 𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘶𝘳𝘴

huh? the kids are playing tag in groups?

i thought as i walk towards the tree up the hill. i just finished hanging the laundry, so they didn't really have the chance to ask me to play with them. and they know i'd reject their invitation.

mama watched from the distance and i waved at her with a cheeky smile.

after a short while, the kids got back to their meeting ground.

"(y/n)! please join us!"

"we're playing with ray!"

"that was fun!" shouts phil with his arms up in the air.

"phil, you we're good at running away," is what emma said, patting phil's head.

the children continued to talk about how happy they are, and asked if they can play one more game after a small break.

i noticed the three look at each other again.

"i'll go get you guys some water," i proposed, brushing the dust off my skirt before heading back home.

they agreed, still tired from the last game.

little did i know, a certain ravenette was actually following me.

× × ×

about to reach the pitcher on a high shelf, i was shocked when a voice suddenly asked if i needed help.

stumbling back to look at the source of the voice-"oh, god. what will you do if i got a heart attack?" i breathed, exaggeratedly clutching my chest while looking at ray.

he raised an eyebrow at me and said-"you're a bit of a weirdo, aren't you?"

"am not!" i shouted at him, softly punching him on his shoulder.

he lets out a small laugh before finally giving the pitcher i've been trying to get.

and i couldn't help but look away and smile at his sudden chuckle.

"i'll go get the cups," he says as he goes to the other side of the shelf.

after filling the pitcher with water, i waited for him on the door.

we walked out of the mess hall but i was slightly ahead of him. i could feel ray drilling holes at me, and it feels uncomfortable.

"stop that!" i looked back at him with a playful mad expression.

"what?" he smirked playfully.

all of a sudden, i felt butterflies on my stomach. it was a very confusing sensation.

to think that his smirk was supposed to annoy me.

"stop staring at me!" i cried out loud, running to his side, careful not to spill the water out the pitcher.

with that, we continued to walk in silence.

"emma and norman wished we can have a talk with you later, again," not until his monotone voice breaks it.

"what for?"

what is it this time?

"we'll talk about it later," he turns to look at me, his bangs flowing at the side of his face.

why do i find his hairstyle funny? i snickered.

"what are you laughing at?" ray asked, noticing my sudden change of mood.

"i-it's nothing."

× × ×

after placing the pitcher on the table, i bid ray goodbye and joined mama in taking care of the kids.