When Nothing Else Matters!

Start from the beginning

"Sometimes these little guys forget to breathe and we have to remind them" she explained.

Rob was lost for words. Never in his life had he ever saw a baby this incredibly tiny and it absolutely scared the shit out of him.

Meanwhile, Kristen groaned, adjusting her eyes to the light of the room.

"Hey, mom Alora said as she stood up.

"Hey honey, what happened?"

"You started hemorrhaging on the operating table after everything was done. We almost lost you...."

"The baby?"

"He's holding on." Alora pulled her phone out and went on her camera roll to show her mother the picture.

"He's....wow," Kristen said shocked.

"Yeah, dad is with him right now. We were gonna switch in a little bit."

Kristen started crying, catching Alora off guard

"What's wrong mom?"

"This is my fault, that -that he's sick."

"Mom, calm down. Everything will be alright. I'm going to get dad alright?"

Kristen sniffled and nodded her head. Alora headed down to the NICU, scrubbing up before heading into the room.

"Hey dad," Alora greeted.

"Hey hun"

"Mom's awake...told her I would come and get you."

"How is she?"

"Pretty upset. Don't blame her. I'll take over here dad."

"Thank you," he quickly hugged Alora and made his way to Kristen's room. He could hear her sobbing from outside the door and braced himself. When he walked in he took her into his arms as she didn't hear him come in.

"Shh," he soothed. "He's going to be ok."

"T-this is my fault. I didn't do what I suppose during this pregnancy. I didn't mean for this to happen"

"I know you didn't sweetheart."

"I don't want anyone to think that I didn't care about him...."

"Its ok Kristen, everyone will understand. I should have intervened."

"I love you"

"I love you too sweetie."

"Can I see him? I need too." Kristen pleaded

"Let me ask the nurse alright?" The nurse gave Rob the answer he had dreaded. He didn't know how Kristen would take it.

"Hun" he started. "You have to wait until You are out of the ICU to see him."

"When will that be?"

"Tomorrow at the earliest. You know, we still have to figure a name out. We can't keep calling him the baby forever."

"Why not? It would be a hell of a lot easier" she joked. "God, I feel so guilty."

"You shouldn't."

"Really??? I drank and smoked, went to parties. God knows what else. Don't sit there and tell me it's not my fault."

"Kristen, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. There is nothing we can do but pray."

"It's just, with everything with Eliana and then having flashbacks when we found out we were having a boy....it was just too much."

"I know honey, I kind of figured it would be hard."

"Any ideas for names? It was hard trying to name Asher, I'm not good with boy names."

"Me either, but we have a while. He's not leaving anytime soon."

"How much does he weigh? He looked pretty tiny in the photo."

"The picture really doesn't do justice. He's 1lb 10oz."

"That's tiny, damn compared to our other babies."

"Yeah, so Alora told me Eliana brought you guys."

"Yes and I guess she left. It's whatever, I don't want to talk about it. I got other things on my mind right now."

Rob phone buzzed. He grabbed it and realized Alora had texted him. The baby had stopped breathing again but was able to be stabilized. Kristen scooted over in bed, Rob climbed in and took her into his arms. They had a long road ahead of them and they would need each other to get through it.

--------------------------------------------

Taking name requests for the baby :) i literally suck at names!