Frustration

Waking up the next morning Kristen was stiff and sore all over. Hospital beds didn't look comfy and they sure as hell didn't feel like it. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she looked around her hospital room at the bland features and sighed. She knew that she needed to get used to hospitals because in just 7 months she would be back in a hospital bed, hoping that at least at that time Rob would be allowed to stay with her and the baby. Last night was hard for Kristen, there were some tears shed when Rob had to leave. Neither of them wanted him to leave, but because they were not married he could not stay with Kristen.

Roberts night was filled with worry and panic, he tossed and turned in their big bed unable to sleep. Finally giving up at around 2 in the morning, he hesitantly texted Kristen to see if she was awake. 8 miles away in a cold lonely hospital room Kristen was awake and when her phone lit up with his text message, she immediately opened it and replied thankfully that he had contacted her. They both had decided to FaceTime and Robert could tell that Kristen had been crying, they never slept well when they were apart and with Kristen being in a hospital room by herself and her hormones were not helping her either. The only thing keeping her from losing her mind was the little piece of the both of them that was inside of her.

As insane as it might have sounded and with only having found out about a baby that she didn't even know she was carrying just hours ago. Kristen had a strong pull to the life inside of her, she had a feeling that she couldn't describe. Could it be love? Could she have actually already fallen in love with this child? Her and Robert's baby. That thought alone made her smile every time.

Kristen stretched her legs before standing up, as soon as she did an annoying alarm rang out in the room. "Shit," Kristen muttered when she realized that it was her bed alarm. she had completely forgotten that because they did not know the root cause of her "Episode" as they had called it. they had put an alarm on her bed that would go off if she tried to stand up and this frustrated Kristen, she was not an invalid and hated being treated like one. the only reason she had not flat out refused it was because she had someone else to think about and with her Clumsiness, she figured it would be safer for her baby if she just sat down and did not move anywhere. Kristen promptly sat back down as a nurse walked in

"Sorry," Kristen said embarrassed

"it's alright." The nurse said as she hit a button on the alarm. "Where were you trying to go?"

"Stretch my legs and the bathroom to freshen up."

The nurse held onto Kristen's hand as they walked to the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror she sighed. Her hair was a mess and the hospital gown that she was wearing wasn't exactly a fashion statement to her. She grabbed her hairbrush out of her bag that Rob had left in the bathroom and started brushing the mess that was her hair, after brushing she used the facility before the nurse helped her back to bed.

"Call if you need anything," the nurse said.

After she left, Kristen turned on the tv and started scrolling through channels. she was bored out of her mind! by now she would have been making breakfast or letting the dogs out, it was foreign to her to not be doing anything but lay in bed. A few minutes later her own personal hero walked through her door with breakfast. Rob came over and kissed her cheek before handing her a bag that had some food in it.

"Thanks! im starving" Kristen exclaimed

"Thought you might be, hospital food isnt really appealing."

"Not in the slightest" she giggled.

"How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good after I was able to go to sleep. but god I'm stiff this morning. guess I gotta get used to it. before we know it, we will be back in a hospital room."

"Yep! speaking of, how is junior doing?"

Kristen glared and pointed her fork at Rob

"We are not naming it junior, or Kristen Jr or even Robert Jr. but to answer your question, its good"

Robert couldn't help but laugh, he knew Kristen was going to say that.

"I hope we get to go home today, we have to start filming tomorrow"

"Yes, even though I don't think you should film tomorrow"

"Rob, I know you are concerned about me and the baby but I'm at my end right now. I feel like a sitting duck."

A couple hours and one bout of Morning sickness later, Kristen was finally cleared to go home. She could have run throughout the hospital to announce her happiness to that news but by her better judgment, decided not too. When they had arrived home, the dogs immediately attacked Kristen in a welcome home, we missed you sort of way. she had to be careful that they did not knock her over. it wouldn't do anyone any good if that were to happen, she was more careful about her movements than ever and Rob noticed this.

"Do you wanna take them for a walk?" she asked him. Rob rolled his eyes but knew he better say yes otherwise she would leave without him. there was no detouring her from her plan, she was going to do it whether he liked it or not. she needed to get out and go for a walk, being stuck in a hospital bed had really done a number on her and her back. she grabbed the dog leashes that were hanging by the back door and clipped them to each dog. she handed Bernie's leash to Robert, knowing that Bear was the gentler one and wouldn't pull as much. They headed out the door and out of the security of their gate, they walked along their sidewalk and didn't see any paps out, they were determined to enjoy it while it lasted.

"I'm sorry I scared you" Kristen randomly said

"It wasn't your fault, Kristen, All that matters is that you are ok and so is our baby."

"And that we found out about it" Kristen chuckled

"That too" Rob smiled as he placed a hand on Kristen's stomach as she laid her head against him, they were enjoying the day together before tomorrow came and they had to go back to filming with their friends who had also become their family.