Steve Rogers x Shy Reader

You hide in the dark corner as you watch the super soldier doing his thing. You watch as he pouches the bag hanging from the wall, over and over again, wondering what he was thinking. It was obvious it was something that made him mad, since all of a sudden he started punching harder then usual. And before you knew it the bag was flying to the other side of the room, towards you. Not thinking about it, you scream. He looks up at the corner you are located in. You step out of the dark corner and put a strand of your h/c hair behind your ear.

"Ummm, hi Steve."

"Agent (Last name)? What are you doing here?"

Now it's time for the one thing your not good at. Lying.

"Oh, it's my lunch break and, um, there's a short cut to get to my, uh, favorite restaurant by going through here?"

You knew you worded it like a question, but at least you were able to actually say something.

"Oh, well then do you want me to walk you?"

And of course he had to be gentlemen.

"Oh, no, it's fine. Tony's probably waiting for me outside right now."

It was an easy lie. Everyone in the Agency already thought Tony was cheating on Pepper with you.

"Then you two have fun."

It was easy to detect the disappointment in his voice and stunning blue eyes. A little disappointed yourself, you start to walk to the door at Steve's end of the gym. As you walk by him you feel his strong grip on your arm. Before you can react Steve pulls you into a strong, passionate kiss. When he finally let's you breathe you have a goofy smile on your face.

"Or I could just stay here."