8

"This isn't that 'Claire' girl is it?" Violet asked, obviously mad. I wasn't going to lie to her. Even if I hated her that much.

"Yeah, I am." I removed my arms from Finn's shoulders as I smiled a fake smile. That didn't seem to lighten the mood.

"Finn, do you like her?" She asked, her cheeks slightly swelling red as her eyes were filling with soon-to-be tears.

"Uh- Well," he wiped his hands on his pants as he stepped back a bit. I already knew what this jerk was going to say by how he shifted his eyes to me and back to Violet.
"No, I don't." He walked over to Violet and wrapped his arm around her shoulder as he kissed her cheek.

Shallow.

"You just had to lie about it, didn't you?!" I huffed as I ran out of the door with my bag, slamming the very same door harshly behind me. I knew that I shouldn't have forgiven him. Why did I?! It was that goddamn kiss, wasn't it?
☀︎
"I heard she got kicked out of her house." Whispered Ellie Hiyar, the most popular girl in the school.

"Really? Robin told me that it was for a television show." Willow Rios, another popular for no reason sort of girl.

"No, it was my own decision." I drank out of my cup at my lunch table, as the girls turned their heads towards me.

"Why though?" Ellie flipped her hair as she took a bite of an apple. "Did they abuse you?" She whined as I scoffed.

"No, they didn't. It- I just don't want to talk about it, okay?" I tried my best to stay calm. Ellie patted the seat beside her.

"Come come, sit with us." She said as shock filled my face. Did Ellie freaking Hiyar just ask me to sit at their table? I was in complete disbelief. But- what if this turns into a sort of "mean girls" thing? Where I do one thing wrong and they sabotage my whole reputation? Eh, whatever.

"Thanks, guys." I smiled as I shuffled to the seat next to Ellie. "I heard you're in a relationship with Jack." I smiled as she dropped her fork.

"Oh! Yes, I am!" She smiled, revealing her stunning dimples. "But I think Finn is fine as hell." She laughed as I stared at her with wide eyes. Does Finn know?

"I feel like I've seen you before. Like- on Instagram and that sort of stuff." I tilted my head a bit as she looked at me.

"You probably have. People make videos like 'why I hate Ellie Hiyar' and '#jellieisover?!?'" She shrugged. "I don't let it get to me, though. Internet haters are the last things that get to me." I smiled at how confident she was. I wanted to strangle her though for how harsh she pressured Jack into dumping me.

"People started shipping me and Finn after he started commenting on my posts. I freaked out because I thought he didn't like me anymore, really." She looked at me with a smirk on her face. "Well, he doesn't, but I didn't know that at the time."

"Lucky." Ellie sighed as I looked at her in shock. I wasn't going to let this b***h just tell me that I was lucky that Finn didn't have feelings for me.

"What?!" I huffed. "I'm not lucky at all. I liked Finn for the longest time and he decided to kick me onto the pavement. He even showed signs of empathy towards me as well." I shook my head as she almost choked.

"No no no no, I mean you're lucky that Finn commented on your posts! I'm not shallow enough to try to make you feel good about being ditched." A wave of relief washed over me. "Me and Willow are in the cheer squad- we'll, we're the captains and I think you should join." She smiled as I smiled as well.

"Yeah, it'll be fun! We can get you in no problem." Willow smiled from across the table and I felt such happiness.

"Yeah, I'll think about it! When are tryouts?" I tilted my head as I kept a slight smile on my face and it looked like Ellie had to think about it.

"Well, they're tomorrow- but don't worry, there's going to be a lot of girls like you. Some of the, come every time we have tryouts." She shrugged. "But I'm sure you'll be great! You have the right posture, and the right figure." I felt a rose tint appear on my cheeks. "I can just see you on the top of the pyramid right now." She smiled.

"Well- Thanks! A lot, actually. I'm not too happy about my image right now." I sighed. "I never have been happy about it." Ellie started to laugh.

"Are you serious? I swear I can picture you on the cover of a magazine. 'Prettiest teen of 2017'" I smiled as I started to shake my head.

"Cut it. You're too nice. Really." I looked down at the table as I put a few strands of hair behind my ear. "You don't have to try and make me feel good." I blushed.

"We're not, but we hope to see you tomorrow at the cheer practice." She smiled as they stood up and waved.

"Yeah, bye!" I smiled as they walked away.

☀︎
A/N
AHHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TWO THOUSAND READS?!?!?! I SCREAMED AT SCHOOL WHEN I SAW IT. HNGGGGHHHHHHHHHH IM SO HAPPY!! Okay okay bye and I'll talk to you next chapter