•One•

Back in high school the four long years seemed like centuries. However...they sped by quickly while I silently stood by watching him.

Charlie was outgoing, a natural born athlete. He was blessed with jet black hair that made his crystal blue eyes shine brighter.

And me? Well I was more introverted, I preferred to keep to the library. If I even aspired to be athletic I would've fallen flat on my face, making a complete utter fool of myself. In comparison to looks I was far less superior. I had short dirt brown hair and dull brown eyes.

Yet some how...somehow our lives interconnected. And my first real crush developed, as well as my first unrequited love.
*
"Hazel!" My co-worker/friend Trisha snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Oh- sorry." I rubbed my temple a bit. "I must have dozed off." I lightly smiled, getting up from my desk.

"You need a man." Trisha rolled her eyes. I simply laughed.

"If I had a 'man' then how else would things gets done around here?"

Trisha winked. "Good point." She shoved me as the meeting room approached. "Watch you get that promotion."

It was impossible to resist a grin. "Well all this work would've paid off."

"Ladies." Our boss nodded with a subtle smile.

"Mr. Orah." We both chimed like a chorus.

One last employee scurried in before Orah began.

I worked as an employee to Piton Pines, a recording company in the largest city in the world, Lampton City.

A big promotion was coming up for an advisor to with the president of the company. I was crossing my fingers and toes for it. Ever since graduating from college I've been with this company, working my way up.

"Excuse me Ms. Tipton can you stay back a second."

Trisha smirked at me and gave a huge thumbs up once she was at the door.

Taking a large breath in and out I got up from my chair at the conference table. "Yes sir?"

He smiled gently. He was elderly and extremely sweet. Everything you could hope for in a boss. "Ms. Tipton it's come to my attention you are by far the best on this team." He then shifted his round glasses. "Im not even sure it will come a surprise, but...I'd like to promo-"

"Yesss!" I gleaned throwing my arms up in the arm spinning. Quickly, I through my arms down, slightly embarrassed. "Oh um sorry. It's just I've been waiting so long and-"

"I understand quite well." He bellowed a deep laugh. He gathered his papers up off his desk. "And YOU understand you'll be meeting with the architects Friday."

"Yes sir!" I nodded, then extended my hand. "Thank you so much for this opportunity, you won't regret it."

"I have a strong feeling I won't." He chuckled as he shook my hand. "I'll be seeing you Friday."

"Yes sir!" I bowed. Saying I was excited was a huge understatement. I could almost picture the name I was making for myself. A name my parents told me would be impossible to engrave even the slightest bit in this city.
*
"So?" Trish was like a bottle of soda that had just been shaken and was ready to burst.

"I got it!" A squeal blasted out of me.

"Oh . My. God!" She embraces me in a hug her big glasses nearly falling off. "This is wonderful. We have to celebrate."

"Or...were you just waiting for an excuse to party?" I teased.

"Well possibly that." She winked.