Chapter 2. Why? Why did this happen?

Arturia's POV:

     I woke up early so that I would get to school earlier than I would. So that I can tell Mister Tokiomi about what happened in private. I was done with all that I had to do this morning and was about to leave the house when my mom stopped me.

     "Arturia, what are doing going to school so early, she asked curiously. "I um, I have something to do at school today," I said. "What is it?" she asked. "Ummm, I have.... J- janeter duty. Yeah! I got in trouble," I lied. My mom looked at me long and hard, but then sighed. "Okay. Well, go do what your supposed to do. I won't stop you," she said. "Wait, you know what I'm doing?" "Of course. I know when you're lying. And my daughter dosn't get into trouble for stupid things," she said. "Thanks mom," I said as I hugged her and ran to school.

In the school

     I knocked on Mister Tokiomi's door. "Mister Tokiomi? May I come in? I got some news to tell you," I asked. But, there was no response. I turned the door knob. It turned out that the door was unlocked, so I opened it.............only to see Jeanne d'Arc and the schools nurse hovering over a dying man. And that man was Mister Tokiomi. "What the heck happened in here?!" I asked Jeanne. The whole room was damaged. "Well, you see,"........

This is what happened before school started.

Jeanne's POV:

     "Jaoney, you really didn't have to help me," Astolofo said. I was helping him clean one of the class rooms since he was assigned to clean it by himself. This was his punishment since he was seen on school grounds after school ended. "No, really. I makes me happy to- wait. What did you just call me?" I asked him furiously. "Jaoney. It's your new nick name around the school. Also Jeanne the saint, the good girl, and plenty others," he said.

     "Oh. Who came up with those names?" I asked as my left eye twitched. "Me, of course!" I said as he pointed at himself with his thumb. He noticed that I was ticked off and asked, "Hey, you're not mad, are you?" he asked with a worried expression. I tried to smile that best I could. "N-no! Of course not! Why would I be mad? 'Cause I'm not mad! Noooooo! Not me! Never me! Why me?! I have nothing to be mad about!" I said as I gritted my teeth. "Okay! So, your furious! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I'M TO YOUNG TO GET BETTEN UP BY A GIRL!" he pleaded as he put his hands together and got on his knees. "Listen, I might be mad, but I'm not that mad to jump you. I would never to that to a friend," I said. He then got up as we both started to resume our cleaning. "Thanks, Jao- I mean Jeanne! I knew you would never do that. That's what got me. "Don't underestimate me!" I yelled as I pushed him to the ground. "S-sorry, Jaon, I mean Jeanne," he said. "It's okay. I guess it dosn't matter what people call me. As long as it's accurate," I warned. "And plus, I kind of like the name Jaoney. It's cute," I said as I helped him up.

After the cleanup

     "By, Astolofo!" I said as I waved. I walked out of the room and down the hallway until I heard a clash that came from the headmaster's office. It sounded like a weapon.

     I put on my armour and ran down the hallway to his office. When I opened the door, I saw Mister Tokiomi on the floor with a dead expression and a blood stained tear on the left side of his chest. There was also a spearman in blue tights with blue hair pulled into a ponytail, bloody red eyes, and and a crimson lance in his left hand. Tainted with blood at the tip. He did this?

     "Are you responsible for this?" I asked as I pointed down at the dying headminister. "There's nobody else in here but you and me," he said. "You'll regret your very actions," I said as I pulled my flag as I ran up to him and slashed it at him. But he disappeared and reappeared behind me. "You see, my Master only gave me on task, and that was to kill him. She said to try to avoid any fights. So my work here is done," he said as he vanished in thin air. "What is this ruckus?!" the school nurse asked as she ran in. I guess she the was only adult in here. "Thank god that you're here! Do you think you can treat him?"I asked. "I don't think I can. It looks like he was stabbed and cursed at the same time. What did the person look like when you came in here? Did he have a red crimson lance?" she asked. "Y-yeah! How did you know?!" "Because there's only one spearman that has a crimson lance that gives off a curse. Cu Chulainn. The weilder of Gae Bolg. A red lance given to him that fataly curses it's victims," the nurse said. "And from the looks of it, the headmaster is, umm-" "Dead," I said.

This is the end of her POV.

Arturia's POV:
      "And that's what happened before you got here," Jeanne said. I then ran straight behind his desk and looked through his drawers. "What are you doing?" Jeanne asked me. "Looking for his will. I guess he has one," I replied.

     I then found a notebook and looked through the pages and found a page titled, "My Will". "I found it!" I said. "Well? What does it say?" Jeanne asked. "It says this....'My will is for my daughter, Rin Tosaka, to be the head of the Tosaka family, and to some day give our Magic Crest to the new generations. I also want her to continue her misson to find the Holy Grail and become the new headmistress of this school'". I read.

    "How are we going to tell Rin about what happened?" Jeanne asked. "I don't know. For as long as I can remember, she always looked up to her dad," I said. "She has to know one way or another," the nurse said. All of a sudden, we heard the door open. It was Rin. "What the heck ha- WHAT!!!!!!!!" Rin screamed as she looked at the dead body and took a few steps back.

     "Rin. Ummm. Your father..... We didn't do this! Jeanne said that a blue spearman did this!" "I know you didn't do this. Why would someone I can trust do this to me?" she said coldly as she bent down to take a closer look at her dead father and closed his eyes. Her eyes then started to water and she silently cried. "Why? Why did this happen?" she chooked on her words as she covered her mouth. After her meltdown, she got up and wiped her tear stained cheeks. "Rin, we're going to get through this together," I said as I held her hand tightly. She tried to manage a smile and looked back at me and said "Thanks. Oh and Arturia, tell Gilgamesh, Diarmuid to meet me at my house. You two are coming too," Rin said as she pointed at me and Jeanne and picked up her dad and asked me if I could help her. "Where are you going with him?" I asked her. "I'm going to burry him in my backyard. Can you help me?" she asked. I nodded as Jeanne and the nurse left and I picked up his legs.