"Hey, just the person I was looking for." I said to him.

"You seem happy... Meredith Grey, are you sick?"

"Shut up. I have to tell you something."

"Oh god. Should I be nervous?"

"Alexander Michael Karev, if you want god father duties I would shut it and let me tell you."

"Okay, okay tell me."

"We're having twins."

"Twins? As in 2 babies?"

"Yes. As in 2 babies" I said mocking him.

"Meredith congratulations." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you."

"I'm so happy for you, you guys deserve this."

"Thank you. Okay, enough of this cutest baby stuff, we can talk about it more later. Have you seen Arizona?"

"Last time I saw her, she was in Kacie's room."

"Thank you so much."

"Of course." He said as I walked away and walked into Kacie's room.

"Hi. How are you doing here?" I asked Arizona knowing she probably wasn't going to say anything positive.

"It's not getting worse, but it's not getting any better." She said.

"We'll check up on here every couple hours to see if there's any improvement." I walked out of the room and Arizona followed.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Me? Oh yeah. Yeah. I'm perfect. We actually found out some really good news about the baby today."

"Aw, well that's great!" She replied

"Yeah, well maybe I should've said babies but, all is good in Meredith Grey's hostile uterus so far."

"Wait, did you just say babies?"

"Oh.. Yeah I did. We found out we're having twins today."

"Congratulations Mer, I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you so much." I said. "Do you think Kacie will make it?"

"I mean, maybe. We just have to keep trying."

Kacie had been on a ventilator for 2 days after a car accident. She was showing little signs of life but her parents opted to try to keep her alive. In a way, I connected to her. In the 5 hours she was awake, she had an impact on me. It's hard to explain.

"Yeah. I just feel like we're postponing the inevitable."

"It's her parents choice to keep her ventilated or not."

"I know. I know. Um, I gotta go. I have surgery."

I went off to do my surgery and catch up on other patients.

****3 days later.****

Meredith's POV:

Kacie's parents opted to end ventilation yesterday. Losing her was hard. She was only 6. I was thinking, what if that was one of my kids? How would I react? This case hit hard and everyone knew about it.

"Meredith, wake up. We have to go to work." Derek said

"No. I'm not going to work. I can't. I can't watch another child die. They don't deserve it. Derek I can't do it."

"Fine. Then don't come to work. I'm not arguing with you."

"I'm never going back there Derek."

"Yeah.. Right.. Whatever." He said and left.

****10 hours later****

Derek's POV:

I just left her there. I left her home alone. I brought the kids to daycare, did my rounds and did a surgery. I had a late surgery planned and I wouldn't be able to get the kids home, so I was on my way to ask Alex because Cristina was in surgery.

"Ah. Karev. Just the man I was looking for."

"What? Are you guys having 3 kids now?"

"No. Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Yeah, I'm fine. What'd you want?"

"Can you take my kids home and maybe possibly talk to Meredith for me?"

"Um... Yeah sure I guess."

"Thank you so much. You're a life saver."

"Yeah well I'm a doctor."

"I meant it figuratively not literally."

"I know."

"Thank you again."

"No problem." He said as he started making his way to the daycare and I made my way to the OR.

Alex's POV:

I brought the kids to Mer and Derek's and put them to bed. I made my way towards the master bedroom where Meredith was. I entered very quietly and sat down next to where she was laying.

"Derek, go away."

"It's not Derek." I said

She sat up very fast.

"Oh, hi. Sorry."

"It's fine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. No.. I don't know."

"What's on your mind?"

"Alex. I can't do this. I can't do this whole mommy thing. 4 kids. You know. I almost left today. I was going to pack up and leave. I can't do this."

A/N: I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. Next chapter should be up soon if everything goes as planned.