School Rivalry Nightmare

Blake and Jackson took me to go school shopping. Jackson was starting high school and I was going into my sophomore year. Blake knew exactly what to get because he had already graduated from the same school that we are going to, Watertown High School. He knew exactly what we would need because he had the same teachers that we are getting. When we arrived at Staples I looked around and saw how big it was. Blake laughed and showed us an entire aisle that was filled with binders. An entire aisle dedicated to binders. It was so cool!!! I picked out a binder for every class I needed. Geometry, English 2, Health, French, Astronomy, and Western Experience. The guidance counselors gave me credits for all the classes that they could. They gave me credits for Algebra, English, Modern World History, and Integrated Science. They also said I could skip Biology because I lived it. The only thing I couldn't get out of was health. They also put me in a class called SHAPE. It stands for Self Help And Personal Enrichment. I'm extremely nervous to go because I am expected to trust these random strangers with my life experiences. I build walls and keep people out for a reason! I do not want them to peep into it!!! I have had enough trauma and I do not want people to see everything let alone judge me like everyone has been doing since I walked this earth!! Blake has been trying to reason with me all the time telling me that SHAPE will help me as it helped him get through high school. I don't believe him at all. If anything it will make my anxiety go up more than it already had. I wish I could just be homeschooled so that way I don't have to deal with stupid people daily. Nobody wants to be my friend. I hear what they say behind my backs. I feel their glares. I know what they want to do to me. Music is my escape, it always has been. I mean look at Ozzy Osbourn. He did many more weird things than me and he has been proclaimed as a hero for the pain that he has put on paper. I popped in my earbuds and put on Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood. That band has written so many songs that eat away all of my pain, every ounce that I have ever felt. It feels great hearing their slow bpm and their soothing voices come out of my earbuds. It's an oasis compared to everything outside. When I turned the corner to the art supplies aisle I saw the same boy from LaBonnes!! But something seemed off. He wasn't wearing his sweatpants and his Mario tee-shirt, he was wearing a Treasure Acadamy uniform!! I felt hot tears form in my eyes as my heart sunk to my feet. Treasure Acadamy was my school's mortal enemy. We compete in obstacle courses and competitions with them every year! At least that's what Blake said. And seeing this total hunk of a guy who looks ten times stronger than any of the wimps and fuckboys that go to my school, I know for a fact that we are going to lose. I shook my head and built my composure back. I don't have a string and I'm guessing he does, any girl, guy, or in between will be lucky to have him. I took a deep breath and took a look at the sketchbooks, which just happened to be right next to him, and grabbed the one that looked the best and was my favorite color. A turquoise Artists Loft sketchbook, medium-sized, and perfect texture to the paper. I'm testing out its thickness with my sharpies when I get home. The boy tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, I know I don't know you but can you hide me from her?" He asked pointing to a heavier set woman with blonde curls and a Treasure Academy uniform.

I scoffed "Why do you need to hide from her? You playing Hide n' Seek or something?" 

He started to look panicked as she came closer "No, she's my ex, I broke up with her over the summer because I lost interest and she's pissed at me and any given chance will beat me over the head with her health textbook. Please, I'm begging you." He whisper yelled through his teeth. 

I sighed and pulled him by his arm and shoved him into the Janitor's closet "I'll tell you when she leaves, stay in there OK?" I heard him yell ok and I rolled my eyes.

This boy was extremely nieve having put this much faith in me. A stranger who has no clue who the heck I am nor what my intentions were. I mentally scolded him in my head. The phrase stranger danger exists for a reason kid! I watched her silently and pretended to be an angsty teen scrolling through Tumblr on their phone while listening to music. When she left I opened the door for him.

"The Ex is gone, you can leave now." I said bitterly. I didn't have time for this, Helping a Treasure Academy student wasn't on my list of things to do today. He grabbed my hands

"Thank you so much!! I know you must be uncomfortable seeing as I'm from Treasure Academy and you're not. I am so so so so so sorry. Please forgive me." I pulled my hands back

"Yeah, whatever, just don't mention this to anyone. Understand? I'm already a giant outcast as it is."

He nodded and ran off and I walked over to Blake.

"Can we go home? I have another season of Miraculous Ladybug to catch up on."