Dru x male! hydrophobic reader

Dru has been your best friend since the two of you were kids. Over the years, you began to look at him as more than that. You were too afraid to tell him though, because he might not feel the same. 

Currently, you were walking around the house trying to find Dru. Finally you found him in the...pool. Wow this was just, perfect. He noticed you in the doorway "Oh hi (y/n)," he said "why don't you come in, I have extra swim trunks in the closet." You just stood there and shook your head. You walked a bit closer, just so you wouldn't have to yell. You kept staring at the pool with wide eyes. Dru gave you a concerned look. "Are you OK (y/n)?" He asked swimming to the edge of the pool. Nodding slightly, you kept your eyes on the water. He soon put two and two together "Are you afraid of water?" You looked at him, then looked away slightly embarrassed. He just gave a sympathetic smile and got out of the pool. "Come on," he said taking your hand "let me help you." 

*time skip* 

You stood there at the edge of the pool in a pair of green swim trunks. Dru was trying to coax you into the pool with him, with very little success. He held his arms out to you "Come on," he encouraged you "you're doing great." Taking a deep breath, you stood on the first step, the water going up to your ankles. "Dru," you whimpered "I can't do this." Slowly, he walked up to you and took your hands in his. "It's OK (y/n)," Dru said "I'm right here. You're safe." You started to calm down a little, so you went down the next step. This time the water reached the middle of your shin. Taking another deep breath, still holding Dru's hands, another step was taken. "Dru," you said catching his attention "thank you for this." You went in until the water was to your waist. At that point you didn't dare to go any further in to the pool. 

Both of you got out, and dried off. "Hey Dru," you said "there's something I need to tell you." You felt your face get hot, but didn't stop. He looked at you with his beautiful blue eyes. "I love you." You blurted out at him, waiting for his reaction. He didn't say anything for a while, then you heard him chuckle. "Yeah," he said "I love you too." Smiling up at him, you pulled him in for a kiss. This, made you so happy, nothing could ruin it.