Chapter 6 - Goodbye

Chapter 6

“Reece, baby, are you going to wake up now?” Auntie Lilly was hovering above me, with the sun’s rays making her hair shine liquid gold. I let loose a yawn, stretch and get up from the warm bed. The morning passed in a blur. All I know was Auntie Lilly and Char helped me get dressed and did my hair whilst Peter was out hunting and Uncle Emmett and Alistair were packing a bag for me.

Soon, we were downstairs. And seeing the faces of those who abandoned me, made me hide into Peter. He knelt down so he was eye-level with me and spoke softly in my ear, “Listen Reece, I know ya think none a ya family loves ya, but I'm gonna prove ya wrong. I want yer to concentrate on Edward’s power, but I need ya ta be able ta block certain people out. Is that okay?”

I trusted Peter completely so nodded my head. I did what he asked me to and what I heard shocked me, but one made me angry.

Grandma Esme: How I wish I was kinder to her. She has to leave now believing no one loves her.

Carlisle: She truly is remarkable; she is able to be near Renesmee when she had a thirst breakdown last night. She is so special.

Edward: It’s such a shame someone so young has to go through all of this. Although I know Peter, Charlotte and Alistair love her with all their heart.

Bella: Poor Reece. But I know she will be happier than with my family.

Jacob: Thank God she's leaving. I was having a heart attack last night wondering whether she’ll drink from Nessie. But she hasn’t been loved enough; I can tell from her eyes.

Renesmee: Finally! The devil’s leaving! And she's taking those scarred freaks with her. Of course, they're not as scarred as Uncle Jas–

That’s as far as I got. I stiffened and lowered myself into a hunting crouch.

“Nicely done Nessie,” I heard Edward mutter under his breath. He made to come between me and Renesmee but I had made a physical barrier around us. I leapt forward and pinned Renesmee up against the wall by her throat.

“Renesmee Carlie Cullen, you are a spoilt brat,” I hissed in her ear, “you have no idea what they have been through and they couldn’t help it. And as for me, I am glad I am leaving. You are no twin of mine.” I dropped her in a heap on the floor, panting heavily. The barrier dropped and Char sprinted forward and embraced me while Jacob rushed over to check Renesmee was alright and Bella stood protectively over her growling at me. Edward ran to her side and whispered to her (although we could all hear),

“No, love. It was actually Renesmee’s fault; she called Peter, Charlotte and Jasper…” He paused to make sure Char had  a firm hold of me, however realised she might let go of me when he told them, asked Emmett to stand by me as well. “Scarred freaks.” I let out a vicious snarl as I saw venom well up in Char’s eyes. Peter looked angry and pulled Char closer to him in order to calm her. Uncle Emmett had to put me into a vice-like grip because, once again, I had gone to attack Renesmee.

“Oh come on, lets face it, they are kinda freaky.” Jacob tried to stick up for Renesmee, but he just made things 10 times worse. I slowly turned my head towards him. Time seemed to stand still. The birds stopped chirping, the leaves stopped rustling and everyone stopped breathing. All the vampires in the room slowly backed away with the exception of Peter, Char, Auntie Lilly and Uncle Emmett. My vision was taken up by Auntie Rosie.

“Shh Reece. Calm down. He was just trying to stick up for his imprint. We all know how much you love Peter, Char and Jasper but you need to calm down. They’ve had worse.” Slowly, I started relaxing.

“We never wanted to be like this.” Char whispered. “It was either kill or be killed. We didn’t know there was another way of life.” She started dry-sobbing. I ran up to her and hugged her tight.

“You stupid mutt,” hissed Auntie Lilly.

We didn’t stick around to hear her moan at Jacob. Alistair swiftly lifted me up and we darted outside and into the fresh air.