𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

"I said this would happen"

"This is a terrible plan."

"Tell him that."

"I did," Casey stressed. "Many many times."

Stationed on the roof, Sam and Casey were backup for Steve while he confronted Bucky in his small apartment. After arriving in Vienna, they quickly learned Nat was okay and then she prompted to tell Cap to stay out of it or he'd get arrested.

Sharon gave the trio a heads up.

Despite the hundreds of tips people left, only one was something real. Bucky was in Bucharest. And if someone else got to him first... orders were "shoot on site."

"Sam," Casey nodded. German forces were circling the building.

"Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces approaching from the south," Sam spoke into the mic.

"Understood."

"He doesn't understand," Casey sang under her breath as a perimeter grew.

"They've set a perimeter," Sam added. "They're entering the building."

"They're gonna trap us," she said, waiting for soldiers to burst onto the roof.

"Tank," Sam called. "You can get out," he nodded. She followed his gaze, seeing a roof nearby from the neighboring building. "But you gotta go now."

She stared dumbfounded. He expected her to leap off a building to another. Then the stairwell burst open. Going invisible she move towards the edge of the roof.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised," Sam said.

"I'm jumping off the building, don't worry," she commented into her own com.

"Five seconds," Sam updated.

Casey closed her eyes, repeating in her head over and over this was for Steve. She could make it. She'd never done it before, but she'd done worse.

"Three seconds."

Leaping off, Casey dropped on the rough concrete of a lower roof, rolling to the ground. She breathed heavily in astonishment. "I did it!" She cheered.

"Breach! Breach! Breach!"

Looking up at the building she was just on, she could see multiple windows breaking from the same corner of the building.

She looked around, unsure what to do, then something hit her feet. Looking down, there was a backpack. There was no sign of the owner, or anyone who could've thrown it. "What am I supposed to do with this?" She mumbled to herself, exasperated at the lack of organization and thought that went into this plan.