I was in full control of being a ghoul without blacking out. But where is my ghoul?

I can't feel him...

I could feel the veins in my eyes and neck. It felt strange yet impowering.

My attention focused on the door. I heard a few voices outside before it was quickly opened and another body was tossed.

I raise a brow and walk towards the body.

My eyes widen "Bunny..."

I immediately crouch down to the cold floor and picked her up.

All I could feel was rage and panick.

She was breathing, but her face was bruised. Her clothes were ripped and she almost looked naked. Her neck was still dark purple.

I hug her tightly against me. Her small frame fit perfectly in my arms. It's probably only been a few hours but I missed her so much.

I dig my face in her neck, smelling her sweet scent. It calmed me down as all my mind could think of was to rip the head off that ghoul.

Bunny suddenly let out a small whimper "Nayeon..." I whisper

Her eyes slowly opened before she gasped and pushed me away harshly. She dug her face in her palms, staying quiet.

My eyes sadden at her venerable form.

"Baby, it's me. Fluffy. Look at me..." I take her hands in mine and bring them towards my lips, softly kissing her knuckles to calm her down.

Her bruises were healing slower than normal "Fluffy..." She whimpered but she didn't cry.

My brows furrow "Bunny, what happened to you?"

"He hit me and I-I don't know what he tried to do, b-but I managed to leave his room. I was caught and hit again by another guy." Her body trembled as I hold her close.

My blood boiled through my skin. How dare they touch her. Even just a simple touch from anyone on her will make me want to kill them. They went too far.

I scooped her in my arms to warm her even though I don't have body heat, I can at least make her feel safe.

I kept apologising for not being there. Whatever Kai's ghoul did to become what he is, I have to match up to his strength.

My eyes divert back to the air vent, thinking. Would she be able to reach it of I carry her on my shoulders? It's worth a try. She has to get out of this hell.

I furrow my brows, looking at the vent.

"Bunny...do you think if you sit on my shoulders, you'll be able to reach the air vent?" I ask her

Her big eyes look at it "I think I can."

We get up from the ground. I lift her up to sit on my shoulders.

She struggles a bit before slipping a few of her small fingers in the vent holes and opening it.

"I got it" she whispers.

I nod "okay, try to stand up on my shoulders now. You need to climb up there"

"But-"

"I'll be fine. Go."

"......Wait" I stop her from standing up by gripping her thighs down.

"Huh?"

"Popo." I made a small smile appear on her face when I said that.

I lick my dry lips, smiling up at her.

Pulling at her arms, she faces me upside down. I lean to peck her lips and I lingered them for a few seconds.