Chapter 17 - Blank Threat?

Erik made an appointment with a reputable wedding coordinator, he already emailed her and agreed to meet with her this week. He just had to tell Roan and ask her when she will be available so both of them can meet the wedding coordinator. Her name is Amanda Roxas who owns Weddings and Fairytales Inc, she is popular with celebrity weddings. Her company profile is outstanding.

Erik called Roan but she wasn’t answering, it was Monday and she is probably busy. He put the phone down and decided to try again later.

He looked at his phone and checked what his appointments are for the day. Nothing important today, he decided to go fetch Roan at the office at the end of the day.

He was about to leave his condo but his phone started ringing…he excitedly picked it up thinking it was Roan calling back.

Hi baby girl…” he said.

  “So baby girl pala ang tawag mo sa kanya, ang corny ha!” the voice from the other line said, it was Cassandra.  

“Cassandra…how did you get my number?” Erik asked sounding really pissed.

  “Darling, you know me. I have ways, if I want something I get it, in this case, Someone,” she emphasized.

  “Cassandra...please leave me alone, we are done. I never loved you and I thought you understood then! Why are you bothering me now?” Erik said.  

“Erik, Erik, Erik that’s what hurts me, we had good times together but just because I fell in love with you, you chose to end it, I know deep inside you, you loved me, too…ano bang meron ang Roan na yan ha? If I know she is just a social climber!”  

“Be careful with your words Cassie, I’m still trying to be civil to you, we shouldn’t even be having this conversation. She is my fiancée, my soon-to-be-wife! Can’t you get it? Now please I have to go!”  

“Erik you can’t do this to me, if I can’t have you, Roan can’t have you either!” and then she hung up.

  Damn that woman!! Erik worried about Roan and really mad at Cassandra muttered.  

 He doesn’t know if he should tell Roan, but at the same time he didn’t want to worry her. Maybe it was just her saying.

A blank threat.

He just had to make sure he is always with Roan every time, and they have to get married as soon as possible.  

Stressed about the call he just received, he headed towards the kitchen and poured himself a glass of cold water.

He needed the cold water to pacify his anger and stress.   He doesn’t need this right now. That’s what he was worried about, his past is haunting him especially he doesn’t need this at this time in his life – about to settle down.

He will make sure no one gets in his smooth relationship with Roan.    He loves her so much and he doesn’t want to see Roan getting hurt by anybody especially Cassandra.