(9) We Think We Know You

oh bo such a cutie

~(˘▾˘~) Liz's POV (~˘▾˘)~

I woke up to an arm slinged over me. I turned to see Bo lying by my side, his eyes closed, still asleep. I traced my finger down his bare chest. Bo eyes flickered open, "Good morning, Liz," he yawned. He kissed my forehead.

I turned away, checking the time on my phone: 10:56 am. "Fuck," I cursed under my breath.

"What's up?" Bo asked, pulling himself towards me.

"Nothing much, just promised my mom I would get groceries for her. She wanted to have me over for dinner, check on how I've been, y'know?"

"What are we waiting for?" Bo asked, picking his shirt up from the floor. I got up, making my way to the closet. I grabbed a shirt and jeans, looking up at Bo.

"You're still here?" I asked.

"Yeah, something's wrong?" 

"Um- kinda wanna get changed..." 

"Oh really? We're shy now?" Bo said, smirking.

"Yeah, get out," I said as I pushed him out of the room, laughing, and closing the door behind him. I got changed, "Maybe next time," I smirked. Bo sighed as we scrambled out the door and into his car.

~(˘▾˘~) ~(˘▾˘)~ (~˘▾˘)~

We drove up to the store and rushed inside. "Ooooo, can we get the cart with the car?" Bo squealed. I shook my head no. "Pretty please?" Bo begged.

"No. You're 6'5" you're gonna get stuck, and I'm gonna pretend I don't know you," I joked. Bo grumbled as he grabbed a regular cart and pushed it along into the store. I led him into the frozen aisle to get some ice-cream. All of a sudden, Bo stopped.

"Oh. My. God. We HAVE to get these!" he called, pounding on the glass. I walked up to him, rolling my eyes. He pointed to some Bagel Bites, pressing his face against the glass. I moved Bo aside and grabbed a family-size package. "Yesssssss..." I heard Bo hiss, as I placed the box in our cart. He pumped his fist in the air and began pushing the cart again. "Thanks boo," he said, kissing the top of my head.

The rest of our trip was pretty normal- we got everything my mom put on her list, and then some for Bo. We pulled up to the driveway at my parent's place. "You start getting the bags out, I'll run ahead, and let my mom know you're here," I said. Bo grumbled something I couldn't hear under his breath and opened the trunk.

I rang the doorbell. "Liz!" my mom greeted me immediately. "You got the groceries, right?" she asked, shifting her head to get a better look outside.

"Oh yeah, of course," I replied. With this, Bo came into my mother's view. "Mom- this is Bo." Bo tried his best to wave, to no avail, considering his hands were full.

"Is Bo the one you, well, you know..." Mom whispered, leaning in closer to me, making sure Bo could not hear.

"Mom, no! I thought we weren't going to speak of that ever again!" I blushed. "Mom, this is Robert, I'm sure you remember him."

"Wait? Robert as in the one that lived across the street from us?" Bo gave Mom a quick smile as he set the bags down. "Oh my God it is! I recognize the dimple. Come here sweetie!" Mom pulled Bo into a quick embrace, Bo towering over her. She pulled away, shouting to my dad, "Honey, look who's here!"

Dad emerged from his office upstairs and descended down the stairs. "Happy (Late) Birthday, Liz. Thanks for picking up the groceries-" Dad's speech got cut-off as he made eye-contact with Bo. His face twisted into a confused expression. "Robert?" he asked. Bo nodded. My father thrust his hand forward for a handshake, which Bo accepted, smiling widely. "Good to see you again, son."

The four of us brought the bags into the house, leaving Bo's Bagel Bites and miscellaneous snacks in the car. "Mom, can Bo stay for dinner?"

"Of course," my mom replied, smiling graciously.

"Is that even a question?" my dad added.

~(˘▾˘~) ~(˘▾˘)~ (~˘▾˘)~  

The aroma of freshly-made dinner made its way to every room in the house. "Dinner's ready, kiddos," Mom called from the kitchen. Bo and I raced downstairs, pushing and elbowing each other playfully. Panting, we sat down at the table, side by side, my parents opposite to us.

"So how did the two of you get talking?" Dad asked between bites.

"Robert is- Bo is a comedian now, actually my celebrity crush," I answered, giggling and looking at Bo. "I was at one of his shows with Georgia for my birthday."

Bo added, "Yeah, she was one of those hecklers and interrupted my show professing her love for me." He laughed, and so did my parents. "One thing kinda led to another, and soon enough she was on my stage, playing one of my songs at my piano for my audience." Bo jokingly eyed me each time he said 'my.'

"The funny thing is though," he continued, "neither of us knew it was each other, granted it has been like 20 years." My dad let out a whistle. "Yeah, needless to say, we decided to keep in touch..." It was clear Bo was deciding to steer clear of us liking each other. "...and we came to the revelation that I was long-lost Robert."

Both my parents seemed curious, so I decided to elaborate. "Bo took me to the park we always went to as kids, also where Bo's 7th birthday was, the day we stopped talking. I told him that Georgia, Robert, and I always went there for play-dates, Robert being Bo, but he didn't know that yet. Back at my apartment, I found a picture of us from that party, and everything sort of clicked." I looked at Bo to continue the story.

"Everything was pointing to me," Bo carried on, "the date, the name, the park, and the iconic tie-dye shirt I was wearing. I'm also pretty sure my mom has that picture framed somewhere at my house," Bo laughed. "So, yeah, now we're here."

"What are your plans for your future?" Dad asked.

"Oh, I had some pretty successful tours int the last couple years, and I-" Bo began, only to be cut off by my dad again.

"No, I meant for you and my daughter."

Bo looked at me nervously and placed his hand on my thigh, looking for guidance. "Um--"

I looked at Bo assuringly, hoping he could tell by my eyes that I was sure of this. "Actually, Dad, he's my boyfriend."

~(˘▾˘~) ~(˘▾˘)~ (~˘▾˘)~ 

oof. cliffhanger. STRAP IN babes.