Chapter 5

Just like in the cell, when I awoke the first thing I did was look around. The bed I was lying on was huge, likely a king sized bed. The bedspread was red with a black lining. The bed was constructed in the was I always though of in fairytales, it had a canopy which couldn't have been more the 5 feet above the surface of the bed. The bed post were a dark wood, and matched the furniture in the room. Almost a mahogany shade. The room was cavernous, I'd never seen a single room this large other than the dining room at my old pack. Something still seemed off. Then I noticed the bedsheets smelled of the alpha king. My mate, I guess. He still has yet to appear.

As if on cue, the grand doors leading into the bedroom opened with such urgency that I haven't seen in years. I looked up, only to notice him. He was still beautiful, but looked a little shaken up. His ebony hair stuck up at an odd angle as if he'd been running his fingers through it constantly. The bags under his eyes gave the impression that he hasn't slept in days, and considering I'm in his bed, that isn't hard to imagine. The real question is: "Why didn't he just sleep with me?" Not that I'd want that, but as a male alpha, he must be used to getting his way.

"Are you alright?" He asked in such a concerned tone that I might believe him, if I hadn't heard the tone before, it's the same way my alpha used to speak to me, trying to convince me to do his bidding. Suddenly I realized I hadn't responded. In a croaky voice I asked "How long was I asleep?" To which he replied "Three days." Now considering my past experiences, three days isn't a lot, but in a new environment, that's practically dying.

I've never really been great with subtlety, and before I could stop myself I blurt out "Are you my mate?" He seems surprised by my bluntness. But replies just as quickly. "Yes, my beautiful. I'm all yours." Perhaps this will work out better than I originally thought.