"When did you guys know?" I asked, knowing that they would understand what I was referring to. When did they know that the trailer would be empty? How did they know?

"Your mom texted Alice Cooper, who texted us." Veronica said. My hand rushed to my mouth. That's why my mom invited they. She wanted to know if FP was hiding anything. Jughead turned to me, his eyes darkening as he stepped forward. There were still tears in my eyes as the news of my mom's involvement sank in.

"You invited us to diner so these two could break in while they interrogated him?"

"I didn't know anything about this, Juggie, I swear." I put my hands on his face, trying to make him see that I wasn't lying. Tears were starting to build behind my eyes. Archie backed me up, saying that I didn't know anything, that they didn't tell me. Jughead seemed to accept this, nodding, before moving out of my hold, looking towards the others.

"You could have told me, you could have warned me. Any of you." He said, slowly. From around the corner, Kevin, Fred and Archie's mom, and both Veronica and Betty's came running. Jughead pulled me closer as Kevin stopped in front of Jughead.

"My dad just told Mayor McCoy about your dad, Jughead," I gripped his bicep, sensing that the next few words would crush him. Isn't it funny how quickly something can happen? In the blink of an eye, something happens but it happens in slow motion. Like when you dip your biscuit in your tea and leave it in the warm, comforting liquid for a little too long. The biscuit breaks and you watch it sink to the bottom of the cup before you can grab a spoon and save it. The moment of realisation that there isn't anything you can do to take it back, and it all happened in slow motion, so you feel like you could have done something. That is what the next few moments felt like.

"He was just arrested. For the murder of Jason Blossom." Fred told him. My heart stopped. The tears I had been saving were shed, rolling down my cheeks. Have you ever misplaced your phone and for a second you are wondering if you left it on the bench in the park? Or your searching through your bag, hoping you put it in their, not on the seat of the train. That tiny heart attack you have when that happens, is the best way to describe how I felt when I heard the news. Jughead ran out of my hold and sprinted from the school building. I ran after him, not caring how I looked as my hair became wind-swept from coming out into the bitter night air.

Although I was minutes behind him, I knew he would go to the trailer. Despite my heels, I could still run pretty fast, although it did look slightly more girly than usual. Once I had reached the trailer, I heard crashing coming from inside. Fearlessly, I ran up the steps and pushed open the door, watching Jughead through furniture around the room, crying.

"Jug. Jug! Stop!" I called, moving over to him and pulling him into my arms as his sobs got louder. He had been there for me too many times before, this was my chance to do the same for him. We both sank to the floor and he buried his head in my shoulder, clutching onto me, similar to how I have done to him. In the cold air I could see my breath as I stroked his hair. Slowly he stopped crying, lifting his head from my shoulder, looking blankly at me. I kissed him lightly, watching his expression change. I didn't believe FP killed my brother. If Jughead believed him, that was enough to make me believe him also. Jughead got up, grabbing my hand and storming out of the trailer, marked with yellow tape. He slammed the door behind him.

I stood outside the phone box as Jughead called his mom. The bus had pulled up and was about the swap drivers. He was telling his mom that he was bringing up to see her. When I heard the phone being put back, I turned to look at him. His eyes were closed, forcing tears to be held back. With the barrier of plastic, I could see his pain; feel his hurt. I opened the door instantly, Pulling him closer to me. All Jughead needed was to feel wanted. His mom had clearly said not to come ad see her. This seemed to break Jughead more. He had his rucksack packed, I had my purse, still in my clothes from the dance, just with Jughead's jacket on to keep me warm.

"Pop's?" With a silent nod, we left for the familiar diner.

In the winter snow, Pop's looked more cosy and safe than it had before. Every time something went wrong, Pop's was where we came. When I was trying to deal with Jason's death, this is where I came to sulk and where Jughead came to write about it. After the party, we had ended up here. Jughead pulled his hat off in anger once we took a booth, slamming it on the table. Hi hand was reached across the table towards me as I held it tightly in mine. We were both looking solemnly out of the window, wishing for the morning to come so that was could get on the next bus out of town.

An hour later, the three reasons for this mess, walked in, seemingly after searching for us. I had wiped all my makeup off, leaving me with red skin from taking it off. Jughead had red eyes and a red tip of his nose, indicating his crying sessions earlier. He squeezed my hand tighter when he heard their voices.

"Jug?" Archie asked. He turned his head, keeping his expression of anger the same. Betty sat next to him apologising. He made no move to look at her or any of them. Archie told him that he was sure some good came out of them breaking in to FP's trailer. This made me turn away also, rolling my eyes. They had no idea what they had put Jughead through.

"Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder." I rubbed his knuckles, like he did for me. Jug sent me, as close to, a smile.

"That gun wasn't there when we searched the trailer. Someone put it there after we left." Veronica informed. Both our heads snapped up. This seemed to draw some life out of Jughead, more than anything had all night. His eyes opened wide as he got them to explain.

I heard my phone ring and I excused myself to answer it, seeing that it was Cheryl.

"Can you come home?" A broken, tearful voice said from the other side of the phone. I told her I would immediately and ran home, making my way up to Cheryl's room. I heard my mom crying on the shoulder on my dad, but I ignored them and walked straight into Cheryl's room. I had told her that I believed FP and Jughead before dinner yesterday, she trusted me enough. This conversation wouldn't be about that.

I walked over to her, sitting in front of her. She put her hand forwards and opened her palm. Inside sat Grandmother's ring, the one she gave to Jason. Polly had told us that he had had it when he died. I raised my hand to my mouth, shakily asking where she got it from.

"Mommy and daddy's room." Those 4 words made me question everything. Were the two people who should have loved Jason the most, the most responsible for his torture. I didn't want to think of the answer, so, like we would in the days after Jason's disappearance, we held each other and cried, all night, until we both fell into a restless sleep.