"So I present to you all, Isaac Martinez!" Taika cheered, making everyone clap while Valeria's face went pale and her heart dropped into her stomach.

She immediately turned around, trying to hide her face and attempted to catch her breath. "This can't be happening." she whispered to herself as she put her hand over her face.

"Hey," Tom turned to her, furrowing his brows. "Are you alright, Val? You look a little pale."

"I- Yeah, I am, uh-" Valeria cleared her throat, hearing Isaac's voice coming close and felt her heart beating out of her chest while her breathing quickened slightly. "I just realized I need to go... do something."

"Are you sure-" he was stopped when she quickly pecked his lips and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll uh- I'll see you later." she tries to pull the corner of her lips upward into a small smile before waving briefly as she walked away swiftly as she whispered under her breath, "Fuck,"

¤ ¤ ¤

It has to be one of the toughest days Valeria has ever had to go through. And the worst day she's ever had was giving birth to Fiona with no one there to support her. It has been stressful trying to avoid everyone, especially Isaac. You could say they had a history, but it isn't as simple as that. And to distract herseld, she was carrying a stack of new fabrics to costume because Chris was being an idiot and tore up his pants, and it was one of the last pairs they had.

So Valeria was juggling piles of fabrics, two clipboards and a croissant that she planned to eat later. With millions of thoughts swirling in her head and being the utterly clumsy person she was, she bumped into someone and fell onto her ass. The fabrics she was carrying, unraveled and covered her face as she grumbled annoyingly.

"Fucking great, what a day." Valeria sighed and heard a familiar voice repeatedly muttering sorry's while trying to pick up everything that fell in between them.

"I'm so sorry! Oh my-" they picked up one of the many fabrics and clipboards as Valeria peeked from under her fabric veil.

Her eyes widened as she immediately covered her face once again and blindly tried to pick up the items that surrounded her. "No- uh," she cleared her throat, trying to make her voice a tad deeper. "It's okay."

"No it's not," Isaac sighed as Valeria slowly got back on her feet. "I don't know where anything is and I'm a mess."

She slowly took the items from him, cautiously removing the fabric over her face and looked down, so her hair would cover the majority of her face. "No no, um- it's okay. Really." Valeria bit her lower lip, finding her shoes suddenly so fascinating. "I need to get these to costume now- bye."

"Ah Isaac! I see you've met my assistant!" Taika's voice rang through their ears as the director approached them.

"I have," Isaac chuckled slightly while Val laughed uncomfortably. "Yeah,"

Taika smiled and stood in between them. "Isaac, this is my right hand woman Valeria Aries. Val, this is Isaac our new camera man."

Isaac's lips parted as he came to realize that the woman in front of him was none other than Valeria Aries. The woman slowly rose her head, plastering one of the fakest yet most realistic smiles at him. "Yeah, um-" she stared at him, her eyes hard in a glare as if she was telling him not to mention that they knew each other. "We just met."

"Y-Yeah," Isaac nodded slowly, gulping as he spoke with a looming sadness and tension coming over him. "We did."

"Wonderful!" Taika smiled once more, completely oblivious to the situation and wrapped his arms over their shoulders as he started to walk, making them follow after him reluctantly. "I can't wait for you two to get to know and work with one another."

Valeria and Isaac looked at one another, giving the other person sorrowful looks as they turned the corner of their lips into fake smiles and nodded along to appease the man in between them.

"Yeah,"

"We're bubbling with excitement, Taika."

☆☆☆

drama has arrived and I love it whoops. this isn't my best chapter but oh well

lmao what do you guys think is up with this isaac dude?

and thanks for the 11k+ reads, it means a lot :) 💘

till next time my dudes x