Learn it right

It was a quiet evening and the sun was already setting, painting the whole scenery with soft yellow and orange. Another of Seidou High's matches had ended and everyone had went changing their clothes. 

Well, everyone but you and some ball girls.

As one of the boy's baseball team managers, you had stayed to clear the field from gloves and balls which some of the players had left behind. It wasn't actually one of those tasks you were expected to carry out alone but you wanted to be useful and often volunteered to stay after matches to collect the equipment. However, sometimes you disliked how far Seidou's batters were able to hit the ball. The field was huge and it truly took a while to collect all the missing balls. Luckily you weren't alone this time. 

You picked up the last ball from the turf, balancing a whole armful of bats on your other hand. You were trembling a little because the position was uncomfortable and you had to fight hard to maintain your face's basic expression. As you turned around, about to go back to the warehouse, the ball girls stopped you.

''Do you need help carrying those, (L/n)-san?'' One of the ball girls asked, already reaching her hands out.

''Ah, no. I'm fine, thank you,'' You answered, giving her a small smile. ''You guys go ahead.''

''Alright. See you next week, (L/n)-san!''

''Yeah, see you!''

As impossible as it must have looked, you managed to carry all the sport equipment back to the storage and even optionally sort them to their right places. You spent rest of the time sitting on the ground and viewing the sunset. It brought you a nostalgic feeling. You used spent time sitting like this, watching one of your friends batting and catching balls. 

Miyuki was one of your childhood friends and nowadays your best friend, despite the fact that he was an year older than you. You had first met each other in elementary school on your first school day. He had accidentally thrown a baseball your way but you had defended yourself with your school bag and fortunately no one was injured. Later you had seen him in one of his first matches. You had stopped by to watch the game, being impressed by his power. 

You have never been fond of sports and were never particularly good at them. In the primary school, you had brushed off all the opportunities to try different sports. Nevertheless, you had somehow grown up to respect baseball. It was because of Miyuki and his way of playing - he was full of life while playing and it made your heart beat faster. You didn't know why but watching him play made you excited and you could almost feel the emotions with him - It was so real.

On top of that he was a skilled catcher with a strong will to do his best and that was one of the several things you respected about him. You couldn't help but blush every time he shared a wide smile with you or waved to you during his games - those were one of the best parts. It was something you always looked forward to - those were the moments where you felt connected to him. You loved the moments when he made your heart beat faster.

Of course, you would never admit that aloud because of his well-known cheeky personality. Although you thought he was cool, he was annoying and childish at the same time. There wasn't a single day without him teasing you. There was no way you would want him to tease you more. It was already hard enough to keep yourself from falling for his charm.

But you still wished for a day to come when he would realize how you feel and confess to you. There was a high possibility that he might like you back. However, you would never risk your friendship for something like that and decided to just wait for that day. Until then you would need to try your best to brush off your hopes. There was also a possibility that he felt nothing towards you. He teased all of his friends, you were not special in that matter.