7

It's been about a week since me and Finn kissed, which means we have about a month left of camp. I already know I'm gonna be a mess when the day all of us leave comes.

The weird thing is, Finn has been distant since we kissed. He sits with Ali and her squad in the café. The guys said it's normal for Finn to go back to Ali during the duration of camp, that he always does this every year. I guess I should've expected it, but he could have at least not kissed me and lead me on like he did.

My friends say I should try to talk to him, but I know I won't be able to. I actually started liking him, but I guess what they say is true, guys suck.

"Hey guys," Finn says from behind me.

"Hey Finn." I turn around a smile. In response, I get a smile and a nod before he looks away and asks, "Can Ali sit with us, would you mind?"

"Yes, we do mind actually." One of the girls speaks up.

"Can we talk for a minute dude?" Chris stands up and drags Finn away from the table before he can even answer.

"Sucks that he chose me over you, huh Leigh?" Ali scoffs. "He definitely made the right decision."

I stand up and walk away from the table, already pissed off. I can hear everyone calling my name but I don't bother turning back around. I shouldn't let her get to me, but she is right.  He chose her.

I walk out of the café and hear Chris and Finn in a heated conversation. I stop for a brief second and hear, "It was Leigh last week, what happened? Why did you go back to that bitch?" 

"Leigh isn't what I want." Finn whispers aggressively. 

"You mean I'm not good enough, right?" My eyes water up. "You know, when you told me Ali wasn't gonna be a problem, I didn't believe you. And it's a good thing I didn't. I thought you liked me." I wipe the tears coming down my face away.

Chris looks at me in sympathy. "Leigh, why don't you go inside."

"I guess I am really pathetic to think someone like you could like someone like me." I tear my eyes away from Finn's and walk away. I need to leave here. I text Hailey and tell her I'm not going to go boating with the camp today, and I want to be left alone. 

I can't be here anymore. I take out a paper and pen to start writing my goodbye letter to everyone.