Chapter 1

The Astons lived in a small country house. If a mouse broke wind in the kitchen, the sound was certain to pass it's way through the ancient frame and announce itself to everyone. It was not surprising then, that they were not pleased in the slightest to be woken up at 6am on a Sunday by the sounds of a girl screaming for dear life. The sound came from Jane's room.

Cassy Aston jumped in her bed at the sound. She looked at the man beside her, also startled awake by the loud cry, and they simultaneously said, "Jane." The fact that the sounds came from the room next door, coupled with her pride on being the eldest, most responsible girl of the family forced her out of bed and she rushed to her sister's aid. Her fiance was hot on her heels.

She burst the door open, to see Jane hurriedly turning the volume of her TV down as she chomped on a bowl of popcorn.

"Jane!" She said, exasperated. "It's six in the morning!"

"Good morning then," Jane chirped, wholly unaffected by the mass murder occurring on the screen before her. "Oh, hello there Robert. You might wanna cover up in front of me, someone might get the wrong idea."

Cassy waited a second, and another, in hope of a sincere apology for having been awoken like this. She was sorely disappointed when Jane pressed play and the horror ,ovie started playing again. Jane was engrossed in a second, only able to lift her fingers in a tiny wave towards the couple, without even looking up at them. With a frustrated sigh, Cassy stormed back out and into her own room. "That girl is impossible," she said, closing the door. "She is in for a tough Sunday for messing with me."

"You really aren't a morning person, are you?" Robert teased as he pulled his fiancee close to him, leading her back to bed.

"Of course not," sighed Cassy, her anger already beginning to fade. "i'll never get back to sleep now."

"Well," Robert whispered pulling the sheets above their heads, "In that case..."

Two doors down, the girls' parents had also been rudely awakened, and for what seemed like the thousandth time in her life, Mrs Aston grumbled about her younger daughter, wishing the girl would get a life beyond her camera and Netflix. A boyfriend would be much approved.