The Suprise In A Cake

Katniss's P.O.V.

    When we finally got home to District 12 me and Peeta started to date, I took him on a date to the lake my father had taken me too about 7 years ago.

    One day while we were cuddling on the couch we heard the phone ring and I got up to answer it and it was Finnick, he was calling to tell us that Annie had their baby last night and told us to come over at one point.

   I woke up today and Peeta wasn't with me, but there was a note that said:

   Dear Katniss,

    I have to run into town for something and to do something at the Bakery. Meet me at the lake around noon. Bring your swim suit.

                                                                                     ~Love Peeta

      I looked at the clock and it said 11:00, shit, I need to get in the shower now. I got in the shower and was out by 11:20. 

   When I left the house 10 minutes later I knew I would get there at exactly 12:00. When  I arrived at the lake Peeta was there and he said, "Kat, how about we swim for a while then I brought the stuff for a picnic.

    When we finished swimming we had some squirrel, black berries, and strawberries. Peeta made sure he didn't grab Nightlock, I checked them too. He pulled out a small chocolate cake, he said it was called Chocolate Dauntless Cake (A/N He he he he), he cut each of us a piece. When I put my fork in it and pulled it away I saw a ring and on the ring there was a small piece of paper that said, "Will you marry me, Katniss?" When I looked up I saw him kneeling and he said, "Will you marry me, Katniss?" I said, "Yes, yes of course." I went to put the ring on, but then I noticed all the icing on it so I said, "Peeta, I need to go wash this off, there is icing all over it." "Okay," said Peeta.

   While I was washing it off I saw that there was 12 small diamonds all different colors, one being yellow, District 11, another being a blue-green, District 4, another a regular diamond, District 1, in the middle there was my pearl and a black diamond, District 12, our District. He is my Dandelion and no one will ever take him away from me again, because I will become Katniss Mellark. I love how that sounds, it just sounds so right.

  Me and Peeta decided that we will get married in a few months, we haven't decided when yet. Now we just have to call everyone and tell them.