1.8

"I don't want people knowing I'm alive," Aylee steps away from Mary.

"They should know, you're one of my ladies!" Mary looks shocked.

"They think I'm dead. Besides, I haven't been with you for.. at least 6 years," Aylee guesses.

"15 years, Aylee. It's been 15 years. I never got over your death, I would kill to have you by my side," Mary assures Aylee.

"Speaking of killed. Are all the other ladies still alive?" Aylee inquires.

"No. Lola, she recently died, and no one knows but me and my inner circle," Mary says quietly.

"Did she finally get herself into a mess she couldn't get out of?" Aylee scoffs.

"Listen, you haven't been here in awhile. She tried to become queen, with the only point being she had Francis' first son. Someone had to do it," Mary covers.

"You didn't?" Aylee acts surprised.

"No, I didn't kill her. Why would I?" Mary questions.

"Well-"

"No. I know you heard me talk of how she wanted to be Queen, but I confronted her and she backed off. Anyways, I rule 3 countries. She would only hold 1, if she was Queen, which she wouldn't be," Mary explains.

"England?" Aylee seems excited. Mary only nods.

-

"Francis, I want to let you know something. You can't tell anyone," Mary says when she enters their room.

Francis is laying in bed, seemingly ill.

"I know Lola is dead. You told me already," Francis sighs.

"I think Aylee is.. back," Mary confesses.

"What?" Francis gets out of bed, "Are you telling me the truth?"

"Yes. I saw her. Since.. he left, she has brought up the power to leave his grasp," Mary explains.

"Who is h-"

"Doesn't matter," Mary cuts him off.

"Does this mean she's back for good? Will she return to her duties as a lady?" Francis wonders.

"I think so. She refuses to do so. All she has gotten caught up on is that we have England, and Lola is dead."

"She knows enough. I think she should be your lady," Francis decides.

"What if she refuses?" Mary thinks.

"You are her queen," Francis doesn't finish his sentence, because Mary understands the power she has.

"That is correct,"

-

At the dinner party for the Spanish at French court, everyone is seated. Everyone is chatting, laughing and getting drunk.

Things seem to be going fine for everybody.

"We have an announcement to make," Mary stands up as she taps her goblet with a spoon, "Aylee-"

Aylee walks into the room, her shoes clicking, making noise. She is wearing one of Mary's old dresses, making her appear as if she's actually important.

"As you all can tell," Mary coughs, trying to get everyone's' attention, "As you can see," she says a bit louder, and everyone's heads snap to face Mary.

"Aylee is back. Some mean man, we aren't disclosing the name, because he is far gone by now, took her after she fell. She hit the floor, and immediately, he knew his plan. He took her after everyone mourned over her and decided that he would kidnap her. Leaving all of us fooled," Mary announces.

"I'm glad to be back," Aylee lifts her chin and sits at the empty seat left for her.

"To Aylee?" Mary stands and lifts her glass.

"To Aylee!" the dinner party shrieks.

As Aylee is to Mary's side, Mary leans over.

"I did not allow you to wear that dress. Go change now, or I have grounds to behead you," Mary says coldly and quietly.

"No. You do not have grounds to behead me," Aylee whispers.

"You stole from the queen of 3 countries. That is against the law in all 3 of them," Mary explains.

"I just came back from being kidnapped, you wouldn't do that to me. You would seem cold and harsh. Let me wear your dress just this once, or I spill a little secret of yours," Aylee shoots back.

"Leave the dinner party now, or I send you home tomorrow," Mary threatens.

"You can't send me home now, I was just announced," Aylee decides.

"You may be right. You will be lonely here if you are my lady, unless you prove to me that you are loyal," Mary tries to regain her pride.

"Gu- Seems fair," Aylee decides.

-
{717 words}