4. EMILY

"My sister must be around here somewhere with the drinks-," Luke sent a warning grin my way that pretty much plain as day said 'play nice I'm trying not to die'.

I always play nice.

"Hi." I stepped forward brandishing my tray of drinks and distributing them around the room as best I could, before turning back to my brother. I pretended not to see everyone swap their drinks behind my back. Guess I didn't pay enough attention when taking those orders. "Where did he go?"

"I think he went for a run," Ally jumped in. If the look Luke had sent was a 'play nice' than the look on the female's face could only be described as 'get me the fuck out of here'.

"What did you do to him this time?" Luke asked suspiciously. I sent back a sweet, falsely innocent smile, and gave a small shrug of the shoulders.

"You know, the usual." Taking pause, while Luke sifted through recent memories of my torture of Nick, I surveyed the crowd scattered throughout the room.

Pretty sure that even spending time tracking down my pissed off mate would be better than spending another few seconds with the cluster-fuck going on in here. Too many humans to be even remotely comfortable.

At least, they smelt mostly human. It was really hard to tell what smell came from where when there were so many of the squealing bastards. Smells could be determined, if I wished to spend the time attempting, but, honestly, I couldn't be bothered. Besides, figuring out Ally's fucked up family tree was my brother's job, not mine.

"I really wish you would give him a chance Emilia," Luke tutted, wrapping one arm over his little mate's shoulders and pulling her in tight. From what I could tell from my peripheral vision, the little pack of things across from him practically cooed at the motion.

Wait, that may have been a growl of contempt from Grey Temples.

Ya, Luke didn't need my help with this. If he just acted like his normal, cheesy, whipped self, the multitude of older-Ally's would be swooning and giving them their blessing in no time. Or he would be dead in a few minutes. Either or.

"Stop trying to pester your sister, Luke," Ally muttered, elbowing her 'one true love' in the ribcage ever so gently. "Go look for him would you, Emily? He looked rather pissed, and I'm a fan of this property staying intact. And alive."

Clearly, the Ally-its had no idea what has going on, as their head swung from Luke, to Ally, to my gracious loving form, and then back again in a jerking motion. They were going to get serious neck problems if they kept that up. But, again, not my problem.

The nickname had a nice ring to it, though, I decided, attempting to mask the sly grin I could feel fighting to slide across my face as she surveyed the silent -but squirmy- bunch of blondes in front of us. I could see now why Ally had left; they seemed more and more frantic the longer they kept silent.

"Ally, I'm not his keeper-" Ally raised a brow, and I knew what was coming next. Bribery, and lots of it. This potential shut me up quick, and I could not control the urge to dance in place. I knew that if I glanced in one of the mirrors surrounding me, my eyes would hold abundant amounts of anticipation for what I was about to get out of this. Ally always knew how to play the game; one of few reasons I enjoyed having her around.

"I'll give you free reign of the entire house for a week. You can redecorate whatever you want."

"A month."