"You look lost."

He stopped stroking my hair and pulled my head closer to him. His lips firmly planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I am."

"Why?"

"I didn't expect to love you this quickly," he admitted.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means exactly that. I have never been more sure or more confused at the same time."

"That's not exactly promising," I responded as I sat up.

"Why?"

I scoffed, "Because I don't want you to tell me you love me but that it confuses you."

"You can put whatever spin you want on it. Doesn't change the fact that I do love you."

A soft knock at the door pulled our attention. I sighed in annoyance.

"What do you want," I called.

"Your Majesty, Prince William is needed in witch territory immediately," Edward called.

I met William's eyes curiously.

"Thank you," I called back.

"What's that about?" I asked.

"No idea but I should go," he said as he started to stand.

I watched as every muscle in his body moved with him. I quickly reached over and grabbed his hand. I pulled him back to the bed and straddled his lap. His hands gripped my hips; I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself close to him.

"I don't want you to go," I said quietly.

He smirked, "I can tell."

"Don't go," I said.

"I have to. I'll be back."

"When?"

"As soon as I can."

"Another month?"

"No. I'll be back as soon as I'm done. I promise."

I sighed, "Okay."

I slid off his lap enjoying the low moan that came from his lips as I moved. He gripped my wrist and pulled me back on top of him.

"Maybe I can leave later," he suggested.

I smirked as I kissed him deeply. His hands tangled in my hair pulling me impossibly close.

Another knock at the door had me in full irritation mode.

"Not now," William said to whomever was on the other side.

"Now, William. Scarlett is being attacked," Micah called.

Damn. I slid off his lap and let him dress in a hurry. I slipped my own clothes back on and walked toward the bedroom door. I pulled it open to reveal an ever stoic Micah looking every bit as regal. He regarded me with a simple lift of his brow but I knew he was looking at the fresh mark on my neck. He couldn't do anything about us now so his only choice was to accept it or force William to abdicate.

"I hope you know what you're doing," Micah commented to me.

"I could say the same for you."

William walked up and placed his hands on my shoulders. He kissed my temple and followed his father down the stairs. I couldn't deny that I already missed him but I didn't worry about his safety. I had never seen William in battle but I had heard stories and I knew he was an extremely accomplished and skilled warrior.