Chapter 2: New Life

(Y/N P.O.V) I'm on the soft bed that Anti laid me on. I drifted to sleep fast, but I wasn't asleep for very long when I started hearing very scary noises. It almost sounded like yelling, followed by a lot of thumping. I opened my eyes, but I was even more scared because it was pitch black in the room! I jumped off the bed squealing at the darkness and ran out of the room. My little feet made light thumps on the stairs as I ran down into the living room. I went around the corner to a door and lightly knocked on it. The door opened and Dark stood in the doorway looking down at me. He asked me "What is it Y/N? Didn't Anti put you in bed?" I spoke between small sobs saying "I-I thought I heard a-a noise....coming f-from upstairs....a-and....my room is r-really really d-dark...." Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked up at Dark staring into his red eyes. I heard him give a soft sigh and I was picked up off of my feet. Dark carried me back up the stairs to my room and opened the door carrying me to my bed again. He sat down on the bed and laid me back down on it. When I just stared at him, he noticed and said "I will sit here until you fall asleep ok?" I nodded and whispered "Thank you Mr. Dark..." Dark shook his head and said "Just call me Dark okay kid?" I nodded again and started drifting off to sleep again while saying "Goodnight....Dark..." And as soon as I said that, I was out like a light. I had gone back into a deep sleep for an hour or two until I started squirming in my bed. I was having a nightmare. It was my worst nightmare. I had a horrible fear of the boogeyman due to listening to my parents fight downstairs when my dad would be drunk and my mom when she would be high. 

(Dark's P.O.V) I was still in my office working on some stuff. I was focused in on some paper I was working on when I heard a faint knock on my office door. I thought it was Anti, so I got up to see what he wanted. I went to the door and opened it, but saw no one there until I looked down and saw the little girl, Y/N standing in front of me. Her face was red and she had small tears speckling her soft little cheeks. I asked Y/N "What is it Y/N? Didn't Anti put you in bed?" The little girl started sobbing and tried to speak through multiple sobs saying "I-I thought I heard a-a noise....coming f-from upstairs....a-and....my room is r-really really d-dark...." I saw more tears come into her E/C eyes as she talked. I gave a soft sigh of sympathy and gently picked Y/N up into my arms carrying her back up the stairs. I came down the hall to the door that Y/N's room was at. I opened the door and carried her inside and sat on the bed laying her down and putting the sheets back over her. I didn't notice it for a little bit but when I looked at her again she was staring at me. I tucked the sheets on her a little more and told her "I will sit here until you fall asleep ok?" She nodded to me and said "Thank you Mr. Dark..." I shook my head at her and said "Just call me Dark okay kid?" She nodded again and her small eyes started to close. As she closed her eyes she said to me "Goodnight....Dark..." And she was fast asleep. I quietly and gently got up off the bed and went out of the room, but I only closed the door to where a crack of light shined into her room.

(Y/N P.O.V) I finally woke up from my nightmare crying. The tears poured down my cheeks. I noticed the door to my room was open. I jumped off my bed again and ran to the door opening it wider and looking out into the hallways, then I went right next door to Anti's room. I slightly knocked on his door, but got no answer. I waited a few minutes before I opened his door myself and snuck in. I saw Anti snoring away in his bed fast asleep. I ran over to the side he was sleeping on and gently shook his shoulder. He let out a couple of tired moans and his eyes finally opened up looking at me. In a drowsy voice he said "Hey Y/N...what's up? Why are you out of bed? And why are you crying?" He sat up on his side looking at me. I looked down at my feet and said "I....I had a nightmare Anti..." Anti sat up more and stretched his arms out to me signaling for me to come to him. I walked up and laid my small head on his chest listening to his heartbeat, my tears were still rolling, and getting the shirt he had on wet. Anti rubbed my back and silenced my tears with gentle hushes. My tears finally dried and I pulled from Anti a little. I looked at Anti and said "Can I stay in here with you the rest of the night Anti? Please?" I clasped my little hands together when I asked him. He gave me a smile and said "Of course, can't have ya having nightmares all night and being afraid now can we?" I shook my head and said "Thank you Anti." Anti gave a warm smile and said "Come on, little ones like you need rest" And with that he laid back down. I walked over to the other side and crawled on top of the bed. Anti rolled over and covered me with the sheet, and said "Goodnight sweet lass" Before he closed his eyes, I asked him "Anti?" He responded "Yeah Y/N?" "Could you...sing me a song to sleep? I think a song will help chase the boogeyman away" I whispered cupping my hand next to my mouth in his ear. Anti chuckled and said "Sure, let's see a song....a song....hmm how about mockingbird? Only different?" I looked at him confused "Different?" "Just listen," I stopped talking and listened. Anti began to sing softly "Hush little demon close your eyes, it's time for the day to say goodbye. Crawl into bed and rest your head, tomorrow will be a brand new day. And when that brand new day comes, you will get to play all day. So hush little demon close your eyes, tomorrow you might be surprised, go to sleep and have sweet dreams, until you wake to the sunlight's beams. So hush little demon.....close your eyes.....it's time for the day...to say...goodbye..." I was already asleep by the time he finished singing. 

(Anti's P.O.V) I had been sleeping for a long time. I heard small pitter pattering going on, but didn't pay any mind to it. A few moments later I felt my shoulder being gently shaken. I opened my eyes barely and could make out a small little body standing in front of me. I spoke up feeling drowsy "Hey Y/N...What's up?" Y/N looked down then said "I....I had a nightmare Anti..." I sat up after she told me and held my arms out to give her a hug. The little one came to me and rested her head on my chest, I hugged her and patted her back and hushed her over and over, reassuring that everything would be okay. Y/N pulled away a little and then asked me "Can I stay in here with you the rest of the night Anti? Please?" She had her hands together while asking this, how could I resist saying no to something so cute? I said "Of course, can't have ya having nightmares all night and being afraid now can we?" She shook her head and said "Thank you Anti." I smiled warmly at her and said "Come on, little ones like you need rest" I laid back down after, and heard her walk over to the other side. I felt the small indentions of my bed, indicating that she was on the bed now. I rolled over to the other side and covered her with my sheets. I closed my eyes for a second, when I was woken up again with a small voice asking "Anti?" I looked at her and said "Yeah Y/N?" "Could you...sing me a song to sleep? I think a song will help chase the boogeyman away." Y/N was whispering in my ear cupping her little hand around her mouth so that only I could hear. I chuckled a bit and said "Sure, let's see a song....a song....hmm how about Mockingbird? Only different?" The little lass looked at me confused asking "Different?" "Just listen" I said to her. I began to sing softly to her while she was tucked nice and warm under the sheets "Hush little demon close your eyes, it's time for the day to say goodbye. Crawl into bed and rest your head, tomorrow will be a brand new day. And when that brand new day comes, you will get to play all day. So hush little demon close your eyes, tomorrow you might be surprised, go to sleep and have sweet dreams, until you wake to the sunlight's beams. So hush little demon.....close your eyes.....it's time for the day...to say...goodbye..." When I was done singing, I looked and saw Y/N's little eyes were closed. I tucked the sheets on her more and then fell back to sleep myself.

(Dark's P.O.V) It had been a couple hours, everything was quiet, a little too quiet for my taste. I got up out of my chair and went upstairs to check on Y/N. I opened the door to the room Y/N was staying in, but I didn't see her in her bed. I panicked a little bit and went to Anti's room next door. I opened his door and was about to say something when I saw a small body laying under the sheets in his bed. I breathed with relief that she hadn't wandered anywhere else in the house. I walked over to where Y/N was sleeping and gently stroked her H/C hair and kissed her on the forehead before I went back out the door. I walked downstairs and was met by Wilford halfway down. He spoked to me "Well hellooooo there Dark, I have a question for yoouuu." I nervously nodded my head and asked "Y-Yes what is it?" Wilford stroked his pink mustache between two fingers and continued "I thought I heard the crying of a child, do you know anything about that?" I shook my head hoping he would buy it. He narrowed his dark eyes at me then snapped back to normal and said "Welll then if you say soooo." he continued up the stairs as I came down, wiping my brow of sweat. It was definitely going to be hard to keep Y/N from meeting Wilford cause Wilford is well, Wilford. Google wouldn't show any emotion just facts and statistics, so he wouldn't be any better. I hope we can keep Y/N safe from those two idiots. I checked my watch that I had on my hand and saw how late it was. I sighed and said "Well, my work can wait until morning, I might as well go to bed" I turned around and walked back up the stairs to my room for the night.

A/N

Again sorry for the short chapter!! The next chapters will be longer I promise! Just wait!