Notice Me! (With Lemon!)

Start from the beginning

"Joe its Yugi."

"Hey Yug, what do you need?"

Yugi looked around to make sure Yami couldn't hear him and answered "I need some advice can you meet me at Burger world?"

"Sure Yug give me 10 minutes and all be there"

"Thanks Joe."

Yugi hung up and returned to the kitchen to see Yami standing there by the refrigerator. Yugi took a deep breath to calm his nerves, "Yami?"

Yami turned to him "Yes Yugi?"

"I'm going to meet Joey all be back soon." Yugi said looking at his feet.

Yami sighed and put a hand on his shoulder "I'm not mad Aibou I promise all see you when you get back."

Yugi tensed at the contact and nodded. He turned and grabbed his coat and left.

He jogged down the street to his and Joey's favorite restaurant Burger world. He opened the door and took his usual seat at the window on the far left of the restaurant. The front door opened one more time and Joey walked in taking the seat across from him.

"So Yug why call me out here?" Joey asked picking up a menu.

"I need advice Joe." Yugi said directing his eyes to his menu.

"Is it about Yami?" He asked now looking up at Yugi.

Yugi visibly tensed and slowly nodded his head.

"So what's wrong?" Joey asked.

"Ever sense-" Yugi stopped when he saw the waitress walking over.

"May I take your order?" The waitress asked.

"Ya can I have a cheese burger with fries and a coke." Joey said as she wrote it down.

She then turned to Yugi. "Um can I have the same as Joey but with a Dr. Pepper?" She nodded and wrote it down.

"I'll be back with your food soon." She said as she walked away.

"As you were saying." Joey said returning his attention to Yugi.

"Ever sense Yami decided to stay with me after the ceremonial duel and he got his own body, I have had feelings for him." Yugi said staring at Joey.

Joey took a minute to process what he said.

"You're in love with Yami." He stated more than asked.

Yugi nodded.

"You going to tell him?" Joey asked.

Yugi shook his head.

"And why not?" Joey asked.

"What if he doesn't like me that way Joe, I have dropped so many hints from telling him he looks good to hugging him randomly. I'm starting to think he acts completely oblivious to my flirting just to turn me down." Yugi turned his gaze back to the table fighting tears.

Joey looked at him sympathetically "Yug instead of dropping hints, why not just tell him you're in love with him?"

Yugi fidgeted and said "But what if he does not feel the same way. What if he leaves me because I'm in love with him?" Yugi looked at Joey "What if it disgusts him that I'm in love with him?"

Joey shook his head "Yugi if I can tell the most narcissistic ass whole that I somehow love him so can you."

"What if-" Yugi tried.

"If he turns you down I will personally hire Bakura and Marik to give him a one way trip to the shadow realm." Joey said as the food arrived.

Yugi smiled "Why?"